Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limited out on Kokes at the gorge!

Headed down to the gorge for a three day trip. 

Day 1: Nothing. Trolled around lookin for lakers but found none so we packed up and headed for browning's for dinner.

Day 2: Started bright and early and stumbled upon one rouge kokanee for our efforts. We started seeing kokanee balls on the fish finder so we switched to jigging. Only brought 3 more kokes from the depths.

Day 3: Slayed em'! Headed out early again and trolled for 2 hours with nothing to show for it. As soon as we saw schools of fish we tied on jigs and the fun began! We had multiple doubles and a few triples! It was awesome! We ended up catching ou 5 person limit of fifteen by lunch time. 

In summary, kokanee are very "hit or miss" this time of year. But patience definately pays off!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Also, we were jigging Buzz-Bombs by the Pipeline. Tight lines everybody!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Good job! We were up there trolling around the same time. Pretty slow for us.
Great report.
(04-07-2021, 08:30 PM)muirco Wrote: Good job! We were up there trolling around the same time.  Pretty slow for us.
Same. We only caught one trolling and it was pretty small. We were the only ones catching anything. Smile