Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordanelle 4/5
I finally got  the opportunity to fish with Kurt and Ira, it was a beautiful day we went to target Kokanee and got a couple. One 17” and the other 15” but the rainbows where way more willing to play we caught about 20 14-16” healthy fat bows, all of the fish but one came from the north end of the lake several on planer boards and most on the down riggers from 5-10’ down. Pink was the best color with several on orange both Kokanee where caught on a pink plankton squid with a small pink Colorado blade at 6’. We fished long 120’+ set backs going between 1.2-1.7mph. It was great fishing and talking to those guys and I hope to do it again soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sounds like the fish cooperated.

Did Curt & Ira?
(04-05-2021, 10:41 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Sounds like the fish cooperated.

Did Curt & Ira?
They behaved themselves and where great company. They are welcome on my boat anytime.
Great job guys
(04-05-2021, 10:39 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I finally got  the opportunity to fish with Kurt and Ira, it was a beautiful day we went to target Kokanee and got a couple. One 17” and the other 15” but the rainbows where way more willing to play we caught about 20 14-16” healthy fat bows, all of the fish but one came from the north end of the lake several on planer boards and most on the down riggers from 5-10’ down. Pink was the best color with several on orange both Kokanee where caught on a pink plankton squid with a small pink Colorado blade at 6’. We fished long 120’+ set backs going between 1.2-1.7mph. It was great fishing and talking to those guys and I hope to do it again soon.

Looking good. I knew you could find the magic combination. Must have been the great crew.. were there lots of boat today?
Nicely done. The Kokanee look great.
(04-06-2021, 12:01 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 10:39 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I finally got  the opportunity to fish with Kurt and Ira, it was a beautiful day we went to target Kokanee and got a couple. One 17” and the other 15” but the rainbows where way more willing to play we caught about 20 14-16” healthy fat bows, all of the fish but one came from the north end of the lake several on planer boards and most on the down riggers from 5-10’ down. Pink was the best color with several on orange both Kokanee where caught on a pink plankton squid with a small pink Colorado blade at 6’. We fished long 120’+ set backs going between 1.2-1.7mph. It was great fishing and talking to those guys and I hope to do it again soon.

Looking good. I knew you could find the magic combination. Must have been the great crew.. were there lots of boat today?
No just a handful of other boats.
Nice fish, glad you all had a nice day.

I'm pretty happy with the Kokanee program in Utah. Probably the best in the nation. From the huge fish at Flaming Gorge and Strawberry to the current stocking in places like Jordonelle and East Canyon. I hope they thrive everywhere. It will spread the preasure out and make them more accessible.

Nice fish on a nice day with nice people!
Really enjoyed getting out there with you yesterday Shawn. Even though the kokes numbers seem to be down the bows really wanted to play and were nice fat fish. Here are a few pics I took yesterday.
[Image: 20210405-092100.jpg]

[Image: 20210405-093353-HDR.jpg]

[Image: 20210405-093359-HDR.jpg]
[Image: jdn20210405-092100.jpg]

I was on the other side the water did not look like this when I got off 11:30 12 noon  white caps
I got in a lot of kokanee schools  in one area 100 yards Sq.
you could not see them on your fishfinder they were all on top .  I could see them on my live scope.
but same as you they were not biting to good we did not get are limit.
maybe two more weeks need warmer water.  the bows were fighters would think we had kokanee on. 
no fish on planer boards one side no weight on line just dodger,   other side had some weight.
was running my 4 downriggers about same as you,  did get one koke down 15 feet
also some of the kokanee went under the boat which is  good  they are starting to not get afraid of the boat,
some went to the planer boards but did not bit. must have had the wrong stuff on.
did not see any fish dive like they do at deer creek.

I may not go back, FG should be getting better in 2 weeks and I can catch bigger rainbows at deer creek. less gas money.
and need to try willard bay see if My new humminbird mega 360 will work there
Nice job guys! I am sure with a little warmer weather those kokes will be more active. Looked nice you guys had a really fun day on the water.
(04-06-2021, 10:23 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I was on the other side the water did not look like this when I got off 11:30 12 noon  white caps

I need to try willard bay see if My new humminbird mega 360 will work there
It wasn't like that when we left either but the morning was awesome. We stayed for a little while until the wind really got bad. We fished the Dam side for a while but the catching wasn't too good, so we went back to the North side. 
Robert, let me know if you need some company at Willard.

Is the ice off the shore on Rock Cliff?
(04-08-2021, 05:01 AM)PanguitchTrouter Wrote: Is the ice off the shore on Rock Cliff?
Welcome to the site. As far a we could see the ice was off the whole lake.