Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HISTORY LESSON
Strawberry history  interesting 

Strawberry Reservoir History With Historic Photos - RedRockAdventure.com

there will be a test
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Good info and fun to read and see all of the pictures.
Thanks for posting.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
That was a great read, thanks for sharing. I’ll be looking for kids branding potguts on my next trip up there lol
“Extensive diet surveys show that the cutthroat are eating an estimated 850 tons, equating to nearly 64 million chubs, annually.”

“Strawberry… sustains about 1.5 million hours of fishing pressure annually, (approximately the same number of angling trips as Lake Powell, which is more than 13 times its size).”

I found these two statements particularly interesting.
(04-07-2021, 10:47 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: “Extensive diet surveys show that the cutthroat are eating an estimated 850 tons, equating to nearly 64 million chubs, annually.”

“Strawberry… sustains about 1.5 million hours of fishing pressure annually, (approximately the same number of angling trips as Lake Powell, which is more than 13 times its size).”

I found these two statements particularly interesting.
Any saturday in june and it would seem that way. for the people not sure about the how much they eat,
               O.C.F.D.
(04-07-2021, 06:51 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Strawberry history  interesting 

Strawberry Reservoir History With Historic Photos - RedRockAdventure.com

there will be a test
That was a very interesting read.  I remember some of the old camps that used to be there. I  heard lots of stories from my grandad about how things were in the 40's and 50's there.  Saw my own share of great catches in the 70's and 80's.  Sad to say fishing there the last few years has been none existent.......to paraphrase Ron Weasly; I really need to sort out my priorities!!!

LT
Ya I remember as a kid driving though the camp, shacks and little cabins, remember driving along the old canal to get up trail canyon for deer hunting, It has defiantly changed over the years, some good and some bad, like everything tho its always changing,
               O.C.F.D.