Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black mtn fishing rods?
Hey looking for info yall, looking into buying a custom rod made here locally from black mountain fishing rods in Kearns, has anyone had a rod made from tj before any reports on them? Was looking at a gloomis but hear there quality is way down lately and just looking for a good rod. [Image: 58548.jpg]
See TD, he has built me 2 and I love them, look at mudhole

https://www.mudhole.com/catalog-request
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(04-15-2021, 04:21 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Hey looking for info yall, looking into buying a custom rod made here locally from black mountain fishing rods in Kearns, has anyone had a rod made from tj before any reports on them? Was looking at a gloomis but hear there quality is way down lately and just looking for a good rod. [Image: 58548.jpg]

I know the owner TJ he is a stand up guy. He is the one that got me in to building my rods.

Any good rod builder can build a rod but TJ will build you a work of art. He is a perfectionist and you can see it in his work.
Awesome I'm gonna swing by his shop today and pick some stuff out, im goin for a 6'10" fast action medium light rod for throwing plastics
you might try looking into a MHX rod, they have them at mudhole.com they also have CRB rods that are also very nice. I have build
a lot of both of these rods, very nice feel and light. loomis does not sell blanks anymore they quite selling them like 10 years or so ago.
I picked a 7' mod fast rod for tossing plastics to witebass, smallies and walleye, got to pick the grips and thread and everything im excited its gonna be sweet!!
(04-15-2021, 04:21 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Hey looking for info yall, looking into buying a custom rod made here locally from black mountain fishing rods in Kearns, has anyone had a rod made from tj before any reports on them? Was looking at a gloomis but hear there quality is way down lately and just looking for a good rod. [Image: 58548.jpg]

TJ makes a top notch Rod and you will be 100% satisfied with it. HE is just a little OCD so he takes a great deal of pride in his work and will stand behind it. Pull the trigger, you wont be sorry.
[Image: 20210416-125725.jpg]

After seeing this at sportsman's today im glad I went that route to!
(04-17-2021, 01:04 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: [Image: 20210416-125725.jpg]

After seeing this at sportsman's today im glad I went that route to!
The wrap is junk! I would expect far better than that from a Loomis rod. Good Choice with TJ. Enjoy!
Maybe they didn't buy stock in the thread market ?
(04-17-2021, 01:58 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Maybe they didn't buy stock in the thread market ?
If you look at most mass-produced rods you will see stuff like that.  That is one of the reasons I started building rods.

The thread work that TJ does is out of this world. I can't believe some of the work he has turned out. He does top shelf work.