Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, Lost my link to the Wind App
Hey I lost my link to that App that shows you what the current wind is at and projections for future wind.. Anyone have that link that I could get from you?  Thanks Jeff

PS... Weather Underground is okay on storms, but not even close on wind events, I need something better to plan fishing trips around... Thanks
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I use FishWeather in the App Store, free version works well for wind, did have a subscription when fishing the ocean as it had swell info also
It's called windy outlook. maybe google can help
Thanks you guys I'll check those out... Jeff
(04-21-2021, 04:54 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks you guys I'll check those out... Jeff

Here are a couple more.

| SailFlow

Wind, waves & weather forecast Page Airport/Lake Powell - Windfinder
(04-21-2021, 04:54 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks you guys I'll check those out... Jeff
I use PredictWind app. It has all 8 wind projecting models. That way you can pick the one you want to believeSmile.  They seem to vary unless it’s flat out going to be windy- then they all say wind. I avoid those days. I haven’t gotten to the point in my life I get to choose the days I fish. When I retire, I’m only fishing calm days. I don’t believe I paid anything for that app.
(04-21-2021, 04:42 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey I lost my link to that App that shows you what the current wind is at and projections for future wind.. Anyone have that link that I could get from you?  Thanks Jeff

PS... Weather Underground is okay on storms, but not even close on wind events, I need something better to plan fishing trips around... Thanks
I use an app called predictwind.com Jarod Johnson turned me onto it a few years ago, it is very accurate for current conditions and up to a week out and its free.
I use windfinder. This link goes directly to the Willard report, but you can click on Back to Maps and find all their reporting stations plus more data.

https://www.windfinder.com/report/willard
(04-21-2021, 05:58 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I use windfinder. This link goes directly to the Willard report, but you can click on Back to Maps and find all their reporting stations plus more data.

https://www.windfinder.com/report/willard
I agree with Rocky, windfinder is only one I use, seem really accurate.
Thank you all very much... I've got lots of homework... So far I like Alan's suggestion, but I haven't checked out these others yet, thank you all... Jeff

Hey Curt could the website do something like posting the links to websites that have valuable info like this on a information tab or something like that? Or would it be advertising for them and frowned upon? Seems like it would be nice to have these links available when folks need them and if they lose their old ones... I have found better sources than I had before so it was good I lost my link... Thanks Jeff
(04-21-2021, 07:27 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thank you all very much... I've got lots of homework... So far I like Alan's suggestion, but I haven't checked out these others yet, thank you all... Jeff

Hey Curt could the website do something like posting the links to websites that have valuable info like this on a information tab or something like that?  Or would it be advertising for them and frowned upon?  Seems like it would be nice to have these links available when folks need them and if they lose their old ones... I have found better sources than I had before so it was good I lost my link... Thanks Jeff
There are no info tabs like that, that I'm aware of, about all you can do is make it a sticky post. It's not advertisement IMO, if members are interested in that kind of info being put up as a sticky post. I do remember there are some members that were not happy seeing a bunch of sticky post, some years past. Do a poll and see if there is any interest in having a sticky post like that. I think most people already have their favorite wind websites they already use.
https://www.ventusky.com/
Here's one more you can check out that I use.

‎Wind Speed Forecast App on the App Store (apple.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Wow and I thought there was only one that did what these do. Thanks everyone. I find something that I like in most that I’ve looked at. Now I need to decide which one I like best. Thanks Jeff
(04-22-2021, 03:52 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow and I thought there was only one that did what these do. Thanks everyone. I find something that I like in most that I’ve looked at. Now I need to decide which one I like best. Thanks Jeff

Pick the one that looks the best for the day your going. Big Grin