Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday “ Nelle”
Meet up with Eylayo at 5am near Hill AFB and headed up to Jordenelle to meet Ru2u and see if we could find the elusive kokes. On the way up Obi called and said he had changed plans as was on his way also. The 3 of us in my boat launched and started setting gear just outside the buoys at about 6:20 and headed north, 2 small bows came to the boat pretty quick and then did a lot of searching, wasn’t until 9:30ish when we got the next nontarget volunteer. Bows and 1 brown was all we we got with 10-15th on the wire being the best but did pick up a bow at 45’ on an apex when we decided to chase some marks. The planner boards produced most of the fish using clip on 1oz weights set back 40’ from the boards. Pink mini hoochies with small 00 blades seemed to be the best. Weather was dead calm until around 10 when a breeze started and by noon the forecasted gusts had arrived but they would kick up for a bit and then drop so we were able to fish until 1:30/2 o’clock. Shawn and Richard were great to fish with and did a lot of chatting during the slow times, looking forward to trips with both again, thanks for a great day
Final count 7 bows (double at the end)
Water temp was 41.7
[Image: 84-DAE725-246-B-4-BA4-A365-47-A70-D8432-A0.jpg]

[Image: 191-D4-EA7-7-AC8-46-E9-B974-9-A37-B97-B37-AD.jpg]

[Image: 3-F8590-A1-0-B8-C-4-E92-94-B5-AF7257973-CDF.jpg] and 1 brown
Is it going to be a bad koke year at Jordy? It seem the koke whisperer are not finding them like they normally do.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-25-2021, 12:03 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Is it going to be a bad koke year at Jordy? It seem the koke whisperer are not finding them like they normally do.
My 1st season on the lake, but the action seems to be very slow for them. Looking forward to the Berry ice off and more trips to the gorge
I've had the pleasure to fish with Richard a few times and he is a great guy glad he got out I think a lot of him. Maybe one I get healed if you ever have room I would love to go on a koke run. Ive never caught nor ate one. I don't have rod or reel so I would need to get one though. But again that is a future wish I can't get in a car without help lol
I was there 
friday same place did not see alot of fish had 4 lines out 3 koke stuff and one floating rapala  line out about 100 feet
the rapala was  best had 6 rainbows by 10 AM it was to slow so we moved and got into a lot of fish schools that I was thinking was kokanee but we only got one koke.  they were all on top and I could only see them with the live scope fishfinder.   we stated catching rainbows every 5 min.
had to leave at 12 they were still biting when we pulled the lines in to go we had 3 fish on.   they were in just a small area we just keep on them
(04-24-2021, 10:42 PM)2knots Wrote: Meet up with Eylayo at 5am near Hill AFB and headed up to Jordenelle to meet Ru2u and see if we could find the elusive kokes. On the way up Obi called and said he had changed plans as was on his way also. The 3 of us in my boat launched and started setting gear just outside the buoys at about 6:20 and headed north, 2 small bows came to the boat pretty quick and then did a lot of searching, wasn’t until 9:30ish when we got the next nontarget volunteer. Bows and 1 brown was all we we got with 10-15th on the wire being the best but did pick up a bow at 45’ on an apex when we decided to chase some marks. The planner boards produced most of the fish using clip on 1oz weights set back 40’ from the boards. Pink mini hoochies with small 00 blades seemed to be the best. Weather was dead calm until around 10 when a breeze started and by noon the forecasted gusts had arrived but they would kick up for a bit and then drop so we were able to fish until 1:30/2 o’clock. Shawn and Richard were great to fish with and did a lot of chatting during the slow times, looking forward to trips with both again, thanks for a great day
Water temp was 41.7

Good seeing you guys out there, you guys did a lot better than us, I had planned on fishing Willard with SmittyT and his son but after fishing Willard by myself on Friday and marking up my first skunk of the year I suggested that we should go to Jordanelle where I was pretty confident that we could catch Bows while trying for Kokanees based on my previous trips there this year. Pride got the best of me and I marked up my second skunk in as many days, my theory is the fishing god's where punishing me for drinking a banana protein drink on the way to Willard Friday ;-)
(04-25-2021, 01:53 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I was there 
friday same place did not see alot of fish had 4 lines out 3 koke stuff and one floating rapala  line out about 100 feet
the rapala was  best had 6 rainbows by 10 AM it was to slow so we moved and got into a lot of fish schools that I was thinking was kokanee but we only got one koke.  they were all on top and I could only see them with the live scope fishfinder.   we stated catching rainbows every 5 min.
had to leave at 12 they were still biting when we pulled the lines in to go we had 3 fish on.   they were in just a small area we just keep on them
Yea the north end where we were was real quite comped to the previous trip with you, did find some down toward the point heading to the dam

(04-25-2021, 01:56 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 10:42 PM)2knots Wrote: Meet up with Eylayo at 5am near Hill AFB and headed up to Jordenelle to meet Ru2u and see if we could find the elusive kokes. On the way up Obi called and said he had changed plans as was on his way also. The 3 of us in my boat launched and started setting gear just outside the buoys at about 6:20 and headed north, 2 small bows came to the boat pretty quick and then did a lot of searching, wasn’t until 9:30ish when we got the next nontarget volunteer. Bows and 1 brown was all we we got with 10-15th on the wire being the best but did pick up a bow at 45’ on an apex when we decided to chase some marks. The planner boards produced most of the fish using clip on 1oz weights set back 40’ from the boards. Pink mini hoochies with small 00 blades seemed to be the best. Weather was dead calm until around 10 when a breeze started and by noon the forecasted gusts had arrived but they would kick up for a bit and then drop so we were able to fish until 1:30/2 o’clock. Shawn and Richard were great to fish with and did a lot of chatting during the slow times, looking forward to trips with both again, thanks for a great day
Water temp was 41.7

Good seeing you guys out there, you guys did a lot better than us, I had planned on fishing Willard with SmittyT and his son but after fishing Willard by myself on Friday and marking up my first skunk of the year I suggested that we should go to Jordanelle where I was pretty confident that we could catch Bows while trying for Kokanees based on my previous trips there this year. Pride got the best of me and I marked up my second skunk in as many days, my theory is the fishing god's where punishing me for drinking a banana protein drink on the way to Willard Friday ;-)
Great seeing you out there also, bummer the fish didn’t cooperate with “plan B”, next time
(04-25-2021, 01:56 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
Water temp was 41.7

I was just glad to get out with my son and OBI.  I always learn something new and I always appreciate the hospitality of sharing your boat and gear.  There's always next time.  One of these days we are going to have killer day.
Thanks for the post, its really interesting how much later it is taking Koke bite
To kick in this year, compaired to last.
Fished there on Friday with a buddy. Wind was nasty when we got there, tried trolling north by Spring Creek, caught a few bows on Shad raps and rapala's. Wind forced us to move into the Rock Creek arm where again, a couple of bows. Trolled around for several hours and were getting ready to leave when we tried a small cove out of the wind. Began catching 10-12 inch bows, every cast, on spinners for about an hour, then is slowed to every 3-4 casts. We estimate we caught over 100 between us. ( Oh, a mink also caught 3 while we were there.)
[Image: IMG950686.jpg]

[Image: IMG950677.jpg]

[Image: IMG950681.jpg]

Post Scrip: Found out later that DWR had planted 30,000 catchables along with some tiger musky and kokes. It was a diversion from getting our butts blown all over the lake. One interesting thing was the color on these fish. Lots of black dots and a real golden hue to them.

PSS: All were released unharmed. However I don't think the mink released any of his/her's, they became dinner !!!
(04-28-2021, 03:15 PM)Therapist Wrote: Fished there on Friday with a buddy.  Wind was nasty when we got there, tried trolling north by Spring Creek,  caught a few bows on Shad raps and rapala's.  Wind forced us to move into the Rock Creek arm where again, a couple of bows.  Trolled around for several hours and were getting ready to leave when we tried a small cove out of the wind.  Began catching 10-12 inch bows, every cast, on spinners for about an hour, then is slowed to every 3-4 casts.  We estimate we caught over 100 between us. ( Oh, a mink also caught 3 while we were there.) 
[Image: IMG950686.jpg]

[Image: IMG950677.jpg]

[Image: IMG950681.jpg]

Post Scrip:  Found out later that DWR had planted 30,000 catchables along with some tiger musky and kokes.  It was a diversion from getting our butts blown all over the lake.  One interesting thing was the color on these fish.  Lots of black dots and a real golden hue to them. 

PSS:  All were released unharmed.  However I don't think the mink released any of his/her's,  they became dinner !!!
That explains the planter size we got compared to the previous weekend
Much thanks to Alan and Richard for a great day on the water. 2 good fishin dudes for sure. Thanks for sharing your tips and stories with me.
(05-04-2021, 12:30 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Much thanks to Alan and Richard for a great day on the water. 2 good fishin dudes for sure. Thanks for sharing your tips and stories with me.
It was a good day with the company, both of you have a seat anytime