Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State parks pass Question
So it was my understanding the state park pass was good at the Utah lake Boat ramps (NON PRIVATE)   I stopped yesterday to have my lunch break at AF and the attendant was a really nice guy and explained to me it was not good there, he did let my finish my lunch.  Did I misunderstand the passes ability lol
State Parks Passes are only good at state parks...like Provo Boat Harbor.  All other launches around Utah Lake are either private (Saratoga Springs Community) &  El Nautica...or run by cities, counties or commercial concerns.  These include American Fork, Lindon, Saratoga Springs Pelican Bay, and Lincoln Beach. 

Lincoln Beach is operated by Utah County and there is no launch fee.  There is also no entry fee at Saratoga Springs Pelican Bay if you are not towing a trailer (for cartops, kayaks, tubes & toons).    There are entry fees for American Fork and Lindon...regardless of day use or launching.
(04-06-2021, 06:45 PM)big_griggs Wrote: So it was my understanding the state park pass was good at the Utah lake Boat ramps (NON PRIVATE)   I stopped yesterday to have my lunch break at AF and the attendant was a really nice guy and explained to me it was not good there, he did let my finish my lunch.  Did I misunderstand the passes ability lol

What TD says is accurate, of course. The several times I've been to American Fork, I've paid the day use fee of $5.00 for seniors.  It may have increased since last year, like Lindon Boat Harbor did.
The gentleman that always seems to be at AF is a very pleasant and friendly old guy, and the 2 trips I made last year to Lindon, there wasn't anyone in the pay entrance, but they have a box of envelopes you can fill out and drop your fee into the payment box. I'm fairly certain that Lindon has local enforcement and DNR patrol thru their parking and camping areas checking for entrance fee payment. There isn't anything to leave in your vehicle such as the day pass payment tickets at Willard to show you paid, but the info of your vehicle is supposed to be written on the payment envelope, and they will take those and compare them with the vehicles in the area at the time they check.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-06-2021, 09:07 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 06:45 PM)big_griggs Wrote: So it was my understanding the state park pass was good at the Utah lake Boat ramps (NON PRIVATE)   I stopped yesterday to have my lunch break at AF and the attendant was a really nice guy and explained to me it was not good there, he did let my finish my lunch.  Did I misunderstand the passes ability lol

What TD says is accurate, of course. The several times I've been to American Fork, I've paid the day use fee of $5.00 for seniors.  It may have increased since last year, like Lindon Boat Harbor did.
The gentleman that always seems to be at AF is a very pleasant and friendly old guy, and the 2 trips I made last year to Lindon, there wasn't anyone in the pay entrance, but they have a box of envelopes you can fill out and drop your fee into the payment box. I'm fairly certain that Lindon has local enforcement and DNR patrol thru their parking and camping areas checking for entrance fee payment. There isn't anything to leave in your vehicle such as the day pass payment tickets at Willard to show you paid, but the info of your vehicle is supposed to be written on the payment envelope, and they will take those and compare them with the vehicles in the area at the time they check.
 The guy at AF was pretty cool letting me take my lunch there.  He was very pleasant to deal with.  So then AF is city-owned? or privately owned?
(04-07-2021, 01:45 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 09:07 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

The guy at AF was pretty cool letting me take my lunch there.  He was very pleasant to deal with.  So then AF is city-owned? or privately owned?
Owned and operated by the city of American Fork.  AF Harbor Website
The harbor to the east of AF Marina is privately owned, it is the Timp Marina Boat Club.
TubeDude mentioned another privately owned boat club, EL Nautica. It is located between the private marina owned by Saratoga Springs Development (an HOA development) and the Saratoga Springs Marina Park, which like TubeDude mentioned is publicly owned by the City of Saratoga Springs. The reason is does not cost to enter the City Park is because it is a City Park, but the boat ramp was funded with State dollars so if you launch a boat on the ramp you must pay.
Which, brings me to another point that really chaps my hide:
Why oh why do us that have paid our fees to REGISTER our boats have to pay to launch?
Shouldn’t it be that those that did NOT pay to register their watercraft be the ones paying to use the ramp.......
seems to me you need to register any motor or sail operated craft
Quote:Every watercraft (including canoes and personal watercrafts) powered by a motor or a sail operated in Utah waters must be registered, but they are only titled if they are 1985 and newer. Each watercraft owner must pay a registration fee at the time of initial registration and annually thereafter.
so your paying for the privilege's of not using human power
and if you can afford a motor or sail boat
you should be able to pay
to play
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom