Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15lb 14 oz wiper caught at Newcastle
(04-25-2021, 09:46 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:       
                  Wow that 's a Pig for sure . So I have a question pertaining to that, What are the Wipers feeding on in Newcastle Reservoir to make them get so big? I wish Willard Bay could grow them like that. Huh
Hey Dan, haven't heard from you in a while, hope you are doing good. Newcastle might have other things they are feeding on but from what I've heard the main minnows that they feed on is shiners. From what I've read the depth of the lake is what lets them get so big, the problem with the Willard is the lake isn't deep enough to allow them to grow to the size they get at Newcastle. In lake powell, the stripers there cannot survive to get really huge when they get in shallow water for longer than a few minutes. The really big stripers and by big I'm talking 30 pounds and bigger, in Powell stay in deep water and make brief trips to shallow water to feed, then they have to retreat to the deeper colder water. If Willard was just ten foot deeper they could get as big as they do in Newcastle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 15lb 14 oz wiper caught at Newcastle - by PBH - 04-26-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: 15lb 14 oz wiper caught at Newcastle - by wiperhunter2 - 04-26-2021, 12:48 AM