Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strawberry Summer Time Randevu
I will be doing my annual Strawberry Kokanee trip from June 23-27th. staying in campsite C 23, several other members will be camping and fishing during the same time period, I would like to encourage any members that want to join us to reserve a camp site or come up for a day during that time, I have a couple guys lined up to fish with me, but I will have open seats some mornings and most evenings for those that would like to see what I do, Ill post my open seats on this string after I hear back from several folks I've fished with in the past claim there days. One of the best things about the BFT community for me has been meeting new people and sharing my passion and knowledge of my favorite fisheries with them. I would like to put together a pot luck in the afternoon of June 26th. where we can do a Crayfish boil, eat some kokanee and enjoy whatever sides and desserts people would like to bring. Please post to this string if your interested or have any questions and we will firm up plans as the time gets closer.
That sounds like a lot of fun. We will keep an eye on your posts as its get closer. We would enjoy dropping by
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-26-2021, 10:43 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I will be doing my annual Strawberry Kokanee trip from June 23-27th. staying in campsite C 23, several other members will be camping and fishing during the same time period, I would like to encourage any members that want to join us to reserve a camp site or come up for a day during that time, I have a couple guys lined up to fish with me, but I will have open seats some mornings and most evenings for those that would like to see what I do, Ill post my open seats on this string after I hear back from several folks I've fished with in the past claim there days. One of the best things about the BFT community for me has been meeting new people and sharing my passion and knowledge of my favorite fisheries with them. I would like to put together a pot luck in the afternoon of June 26th. where we can do a Crayfish boil, eat some kokanee and enjoy whatever sides and desserts people would like to bring. Please post to this string if your interested or have any questions and we will firm up plans as the time gets closer.
My wife and I will be camping in the "E" Loop June 22-26.  I will also have my son, his wife and our 2 year old granddaughter staying with us.  We will probably have a pretty full dance card but I'd bet we can swing a visit into the stay.  Watch for my silver F350 with the Utah plate "TopH20", it could be us.  [Image: IMG-7639.jpg]
We have a long term camp in Loop D from May 15th to August 24th, so we will also likely be up there during your activity. Would love to join the group and pot luck. By that time in June we should be really getting into the Kokanee.
That sounds like a great time to be out on the water. I will have to keep an eye on the thread to see if I can fill one of those empty seats. Would be great to get experience with someone who knows the kokes up there.
(04-26-2021, 10:43 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I will be doing my annual Strawberry Kokanee trip from June 23-27th. staying in campsite C 23, several other members will be camping and fishing during the same time period, I would like to encourage any members that want to join us to reserve a camp site or come up for a day during that time, I have a couple guys lined up to fish with me, but I will have open seats some mornings and most evenings for those that would like to see what I do, Ill post my open seats on this string after I hear back from several folks I've fished with in the past claim there days. One of the best things about the BFT community for me has been meeting new people and sharing my passion and knowledge of my favorite fisheries with them. I would like to put together a pot luck in the afternoon of June 26th. where we can do a Crayfish boil, eat some kokanee and enjoy whatever sides and desserts people would like to bring. Please post to this string if your interested or have any questions and we will firm up plans as the time gets closer.
I miss the DAV day that WET1 used to host each summer for the DAVs, I guess the VA said that it was too hard for them to bring the Vets up for a day of fishing with the volunteers, a nice BBQ and prizes. Thanks again Todd for all you did for the DAVs in the past.
(04-29-2021, 02:14 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
I miss the DAV day that WET1 used to host each summer for the DAVs, I guess the VA said that it was too hard for them to bring the Vets up for a day of fishing with the volunteers, a nice BBQ and prizes. Thanks again Todd for all you did for the DAVs in the past.
 Thanks Pete and thank you for all your support. It was a great 12 year run but things change as we all know.
Sunrise on the water
I'm brand new to this community. I have fished at Strawberry (from shore) for a couple years. But I've never used a boat there, and subsequently, never caught a Kokanee in my life. I would love the opportunity for me (and my 2 teenage sons if theres room) to come and learn and experience the 6/23 & 6/24 are best for me (might be at fish lake 25 & 26). Keep me in mind please. I live in Utah County and could come up other days this summer too...
(04-29-2021, 02:49 PM)cdejong Wrote:
I'm brand new to this community. I have fished at Strawberry (from shore) for a couple years. But I've never used a boat there, and subsequently, never caught a Kokanee in my life. I would love the opportunity for me (and my 2 teenage sons if theres room) to come and learn and experience the 6/23 & 6/24 are best for me (might be at fish lake 25 & 26). Keep me in mind please. I live in Utah County and could come up other days this summer too...
cdejong I would be happy to take you and your boys out on Wed. 6/23 that will be my first morning up there send me a PM with your contact info confirming your spot for that date and I will respond with details.

(04-27-2021, 08:15 PM)JArner Wrote: That sounds like a great time to be out on the water. I will have to keep an eye on the thread to see if I can fill one of those empty seats. Would be great to get experience with someone who knows the kokes up there.
I can get you out Thurs 6/24 or Sunday 6/27 in the morning or any of the evenings but evenings are shorter and a little less productive than the mornings. Send me a PM with your preference and contact info and I will get back to you with details.
I wanted to Bump this to the top and let people know I have 4 seats open for Sunday 6/27 send me a PM if you want to claim a spot.
I hope by then I will have my boat going and would love to join you. When we get closer I would like to have someone show me the ropes as I've never fished on my own for kokes before. Thanks to you and Brookie and Liketrolling for introducing me to the sport the last couple of years. Good times. I just need a refresher of what to do now that I have some downriggers of my own. I'll need some hints of what dodgers and lures to buy. Pat gave me some a couple of years ago but I have no idea how they will work out. (If you remind me I might even get your auger back to you.) I'm still looking for some Eagle Claw Kokanee rods; if anyone know where I can buy some please let me know.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-22-2021, 05:30 AM)catchinon Wrote: I hope by then I will have my boat going and would love to join you. When we get closer I would like to have someone show me the ropes as I've never fished on my own for kokes before. Thanks to you and Brookie and Liketrolling for introducing me to the sport the last couple of years.  Good times. I just need a refresher of what to do now that I have some downriggers of my own. I'll need some hints of what dodgers and lures to buy. Pat gave me some a couple of years ago but I have no idea how they will work out. (If you remind me I might even get your auger back to you.) I'm still looking for some Eagle Claw Kokanee rods; if anyone know where I can buy some please let me know.
Craig, I have 2 Eagle Claw Kokanee rods I can trade or sell to you make me an offer.
Bumping this back to the top, we are only a couple weeks away, I’m excited to get out and fish multiple days and see and fish with a number of members, I would like to see who is interested in getting together Saturday 6/26 in afternoon for a crawfish boil and potluck in my campsite 23c. I also put a post on the For Sale board for a deal on Velocity Rods people might want to check out.
There is a good possibility I might be there during your time frame. I can at least stop by & say HI if your home. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(06-09-2021, 02:13 PM)Bduck Wrote: There is a good possibility I might be there during your time frame. I can at least stop by & say HI if your home. 

That's great I should be around my camp in the afternoons stop by and say Hi.
I don't like fishing on Saturday,  what is parking like where you will be eating
(06-20-2021, 12:25 AM)liketrolling Wrote: I don't like fishing on Saturday,  what is parking like where you will be eating
There’s a dirt road  next to my camp you can back your rig into and park easy. I know Saturday is not optimal, but I sure would like to have you there for Kokanee talk, we will be doing a crawfish boil and cooking Kokanee I even have some perch I can fry up. I hope to see you there.
There's a 90% chance 5 of us will be coming. We'll bring a big green salad. Anything else we can bring?

P.S. This is catchinon. Having some computer issues and this was the avenue I could get through on.
(06-25-2021, 11:17 AM)LucyRaeOfSunshine Wrote: There's a 90% chance 5 of us will be coming. We'll bring a big green salad. Anything else we can bring?

P.S. This is catchinon. Having some computer issues and this was the avenue I could get through on.

Sounds good we will be eating around 5pm
Ill be up there with 3 or 4 and will bring some macaroni salad and potatoe salad