Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strawberry Summer Time Randevu
Well the rendezvous was a success. Enjoyed meeting Shaun (Elayo), Craig (Catchinon), Justin (Mooseman) and Shaun (Obifishkenobi) along with other family and friends. Actually Justin's boys were there and all have BFT handles, but I can't remember the handles, so anyway quite a few BFT members. I was a bit surprised, my daughters that are in town wanted to come to an event with dad's "fishin' buddies". They had a great time as well.
The weather was great. Scenery was great. The crawdads and food were great. Of course we talked fishing till we ran out of time - can't really run out of fishing to talk about. Thanks Obi for the invite.
I had a great time fishing with and beside a number of BFT members this past week, 2knotts, Brookie, Liketrolling, SmttyT, Elayo, Jarner, cdejong and got to spend some time at the crawfish boil with Catchenon and Mooseman and their families.I also fished  with several non members. Wednesday was our most productive day boating 16 kokes, We struggled Thursday only getting 6 Friday was the fasted I limited out but there was only 2 of us 8 for that day, Saturday was tough I sent 3 home with John and his son and we broke a couple off at the boat and long line released several more, Sunday was a quick trip we got 4 in 2.5 hours. We had a great time catching Crawfish Friday night. The kokes moved down as the week progressed from 31’ feet down to 45’ when we left. Pink was by far the best color going 1.7mph, Thanks Brookie and 2knots for the tips on location, you know your in the right spots when the Kokanee Kid and Bobby McClain two popular guides are in the same spots as you all week. I caught more Shakers this year than I have in the past which bodes well for next year. Brookie mentioned we should make the crawfish boil potluck get together and annual thing maybe we could rent one of the group sites to accommodate more people and parking.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-29-2021, 02:14 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:43 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I will be doing my annual Strawberry Kokanee trip from June 23-27th. staying in campsite C 23, several other members will be camping and fishing during the same time period, I would like to encourage any members that want to join us to reserve a camp site or come up for a day during that time, I have a couple guys lined up to fish with me, but I will have open seats some mornings and most evenings for those that would like to see what I do, Ill post my open seats on this string after I hear back from several folks I've fished with in the past claim there days. One of the best things about the BFT community for me has been meeting new people and sharing my passion and knowledge of my favorite fisheries with them. I would like to put together a pot luck in the afternoon of June 26th. where we can do a Crayfish boil, eat some kokanee and enjoy whatever sides and desserts people would like to bring. Please post to this string if your interested or have any questions and we will firm up plans as the time gets closer.
I miss the DAV day that WET1 used to host each summer for the DAVs, I guess the VA said that it was too hard for them to bring the Vets up for a day of fishing with the volunteers, a nice BBQ and prizes. Thanks again Todd for all you did for the DAVs in the past.

I have to admit that my son and I miss that event, I am a Vet and didn't mind helping them out.
I appreciated your support friend as well as all the others on BFT that volunteered to come take a vet fishing. It was a good 12 year run. Nothing lasts forever though unfortunately.
Sunrise on the water
(06-28-2021, 01:02 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I had a great time fishing with and beside a number of BFT members this past week, 2knotts, Brookie, Liketrolling, SmttyT, Elayo, Jarner, cdejong and got to spend some time at the crawfish boil with Catchenon and Mooseman and their families.I also fished  with several non members. Wednesday was our most productive day boating 16 kokes, We struggled Thursday only getting 6 Friday was the fasted I limited out but there was only 2 of us 8 for that day, Saturday was tough I sent 3 home with John and his son and we broke a couple off at the boat and long line released several more, Sunday was a quick trip we got 4 in 2.5 hours. We had a great time catching Crawfish Friday night. The kokes moved down as the week progressed from 31’ feet down to 45’ when we left. Pink was by far the best color going 1.7mph, Thanks Brookie and 2knots for the tips on location, you know your in the right spots when the Kokanee Kid and Bobby McClain two popular guides are in the same spots as you all week. I caught more Shakers this year than I have in the past which bodes well for next year. Brookie mentioned we should make the crawfish boil potluck get together and annual thing maybe we could rent one of the group sites to accommodate more people and parking.

Sounds like the Randevu turned out really well Shawn, thanks for putting on such a great event and thanks to everyone that showed up to be a part of it. I'm sure a lot of fun was had by everyone that either came out fishing during the week or showed up for the get together at the end.