Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tracker Tundra
First - sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am wondering if anyone on this board runs a tracker tundra? I passed on a 21 DC a few years ago and kick myself almost everyday.

I found a 18 dc and put a deposit on it, will be going to pheonix this weekend to inspect in person. I know the earlier years folks complained about pin holes, tracker service, etc. 

Honest, the tracker name doesnt bother me at all, the pro deep v this will be replacing is of the same vintage,  I have fished very hard and its done everything I have asked.

So - anyone have a tundra, or have a buddy running one that wants to chime in?
I did a google on a tracker tundra 18 DC a lot of stuff came up even the pinholes and how to fix them.
I have a 2014 Tracker and I like it. Tracker Targa V-18 WT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X64gGAcR...atTEST.com

It cost a lot less than other boats
Good to hear, this will be a sizable upgrade to my pro deep v.

Just going to have to see what I see when I get down there. Thank you for the info!
(04-27-2021, 06:53 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: First - sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am wondering if anyone on this board runs a tracker tundra? I passed on a 21 DC a few years ago and kick myself almost everyday.

I found a 18 dc and put a deposit on it, will be going to pheonix this weekend to inspect in person. I know the earlier years folks complained about pin holes, tracker service, etc. 

Honest, the tracker name doesnt bother me at all, the pro deep v this will be replacing is of the same vintage,  I have fished very hard and its done everything I have asked.

Wasnt that the model that used a stretched aluminum hull? I looked at them at one of the boat shows in SLC years ago as I was getting ready to move up from my 1991 17 foot tracker after running it for 12 years, but opted for my Crestliner later on. She is going into her 21st season this summer, I have never been sorry. I heard later on that the Tundras had a problem with the hulls cracking. [Image: Tracker-at-Yuba.jpg][Image: Crestliner-going-into-her-20th-season.jpg]
(02-14-2021, 08:17 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [

Wasnt that the model that used a stretched aluminum hull? I looked at them at one of the boat shows in SLC years ago as I was getting ready to move up from my 1991 17 foot tracker after running it for 12 years, but opted for my Crestliner later on. She is going into her 21st season this summer, I have never been sorry. I heard later on that the Tundras had a problem with the hulls cracking. [Image: Tracker-at-Yuba.jpg][Image: Crestliner-going-into-her-20th-season.jpg]
[/quote]

You are correct, formed aluminum. Really striking boats.

Your crestliner is absolutely beautiful. I read and read on the hull issues, seems like several went to the depths of Lake Erie. (Just like buying trucks) it seems like only the unsatisfied customers are the loudest on the internet.

Compounded with trackers then terrible customer service, seems like many aren't around today.

I'm going to give it the once over when I'm down there, and plan on walking away if anything isnt passing thr sniff test.

Thanks for your reply, love both the boats you posted. Ill let you all know how it shakes out for me..
(04-27-2021, 06:53 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: First - sorry if this is in the wrong place.

One thing I'd suggest, if you like it enough to buy, take it out for a run on the water, if he doesn't want to do that, then be suspicious. Personally, I'd never buy a used boat without taking it out on the water. Then of course pull the drain plug when you get off of the water and see if it has leaks.
(04-29-2021, 03:30 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: One thing I'd suggest, if you like it enough to buy, take it out for a run on the water, if he doesn't want to do that, then be suspicious. Personally, I'd never buy a used boat without taking it out on the water. Then of course pull the drain plug when you get off of the water and see if it has leaks.

Good advice - thank you! I learned that lesson on my first boat (biggest pile as it was). Just because it runs on muffs doesnt mean it runs under load. Just because it looks dry, doesnt mean it is. (At least I got to learn fiber glass repair that year..)

I had one for a few years and thought it was a nice boat. I eventually upgraded to a bit bigger Lund. Sold my Tundra 18 to a guy from Medicine Hat Alberta.

[Image: Deer-Creek.png]
Sunrise on the water
(04-29-2021, 01:20 PM)WET1 Wrote:

I had one for a few years and thought it was a nice boat. I eventually upgraded to a bit bigger Lund. Sold my Tundra 18 to a guy from Medicine Hat Alberta.

Thank you for the reply - Beautiful boat. Mine will also spend a lot of time on DC.

What engine did you have on yours? I'm curious what speed you got out of it? (My pro deep v only does 27 FLAT OUT - makes for a long morning up to good hope bay).

I'd love a 20+ footer, but this tundra is priced right, still has the 8ft (7.9) beam.
(04-29-2021, 02:24 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 01:20 PM)WET1 Wrote:

Thank you for the reply - Beautiful boat. Mine will also spend a lot of time on DC.

What engine did you have on yours? I'm curious what speed you got out of it? (My pro deep v only does 27 FLAT OUT - makes for a long morning up to good hope bay).

I'd love a 20+ footer, but this tundra is priced right, still has the 8ft (7.9) beam.
I put a 175 Optimax on it and it would get right about 50 at Starvation. It's all dependent on how you prop it.
Sunrise on the water
That's plenty for me... hitting the airport to go inspect tiny self now.

Check in hand, hope everything is as it looks in the pictures.
(04-29-2021, 03:13 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 08:17 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [

You are correct, formed aluminum. Really striking boats.

Your crestliner is absolutely beautiful. I read and read on the hull issues, seems like several went to the depths of Lake Erie. (Just like buying trucks) it seems like only the unsatisfied customers are the loudest on the internet.

Compounded with trackers then terrible customer service, seems like many aren't around today.

I'm going to give it the once over when I'm down there, and plan on walking away if anything isnt passing thr sniff test.

Thanks for your reply, love both the boats you posted. Ill let you all know how it shakes out for me..
[/quote] Good luck to you my friend, i have several friends that have bought the larger trackers within the last few years and both have had issues, nothing major just minor stuff which is just a pain in the butt during fishing season and you are wanting to get your boat back.
So here is the deal. I checked it out in person...

Older gentleman bought it brand new, ran it until 2009, then stored it until his death in 2021. His daughter is now selling it. Boat is used, but in phenominal shape. Not PERFECT, but an 10/10 for the year.

I went ahead and purchased, but will not plan on selling my pro deep v until I have extensive water time on my new boat.

Thank you everyone for the advice and answers. I'll post some better pics in a few weeks when I get it back home.

[Image: 20210430-130018.jpg]

[Image: 20210430-125955.jpg]
(05-01-2021, 01:18 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: So here is the deal. I checked it out in person...

Older gentleman bought it brand new, ran it until 2009, then stored it until his death in 2021. His daughter is now selling it. Boat is used, but in phenominal shape. Not PERFECT, but an 10/10 for the year.

I went ahead and purchased, but will not plan on selling my pro deep v until I have extensive water time on my new boat.

Thank you everyone for the advice and answers. I'll post some better pics in a few weeks when I get it back home.
Looks like a very nice boat and trailer, motors look good too, does it have an electric trolling motor on the front? How are you going to get it home, since you flew there?
(05-01-2021, 01:26 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:18 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: So here is the deal. I checked it out in person...

Looks like a very nice boat and trailer, motors look good too, does it have an electric trolling motor on the front? How are you going to get it home, since you flew there?

Thank you! I am pleased at the moment. Still lots of time for issues to crop up.

It does have the trolling motor on the front, however it is very outdated. The boat is pre wired for 24v, so I can just swap over my terrova after adding my charger.

I think I'm going to park it at my brothers, and come back down week after next with the truck camper. Spend a week or so fishing it on the way back up.

Or I'll turn and burn in a weekend. Depends how the wife feels.
Finally got to pick this up today, after 4 months of title issues.

Getting new tires, bearings inspected then dragging it home. Very excited!

[Image: 20210716-121846.jpg]
(07-16-2021, 10:17 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Finally got to pick this up today, after 4 months of title issues.

That's too bad you had take title issue, wasn't the guy you bought it from not the rightful owner or did he lose the title and you had to apply for a new one? At least it's done now, hopefully no more issue come up.
Not all states title boats, motors, or trailers. Which sends this state into a conniption fit.

When I bought my boat in Alabama it had a Tennessee registration from when the previous owner had traded it in on a new boat.

After months of run around getting S/N's checked and then having to provided a paper trail showing transfer of ownership from the previous owner to the dealership and then from the dealership to me was enough to drive a person mad. What really pissed me off is that nobody knew what they were doing and had to call the Salt Lake office for advice. That meant another trip to the DMV to figure out the next step in the process instead of being told once what needed to happen.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-16-2021, 10:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 10:17 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Finally got to pick this up today, after 4 months of title issues.

That's too bad you had take title issue, wasn't the guy you bought it from not the rightful owner or did he lose the title and you had to apply for a new one? At least it's done now, hopefully no more issue come up.

(07-17-2021, 02:00 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Not all states title boats, motors, or trailers. Which sends this state into a conniption fit.

When I bought my boat in Alabama it had a Tennessee registration from when the previous owner had traded it in on a new boat.

After months of run around getting S/N's checked and then having to provided a paper trail showing transfer of ownership from the previous owner to the dealership and then from the dealership to me was enough to drive a person mad. What really pissed me off is that nobody knew what they were doing and had to call the Salt Lake office for advice. That meant another trip to the DMV to figure out the next step in the process instead of being told once what needed to happen.

It was an estate, got tied up in probate. (My theory is lawyers ate up so much money the executor of the estate didnt think it was worth selling any more - making time expand).

I got a list of paperwork my buddy needed to get the title transferred, he recently did a boat from arizona as well. All I cam do I hope its right. I still have my other tracker- so hopefully using that will keep me calm through the DMV process. He claims If I have all these, should be easy:

Bill of sale from owner to dealer
Bill of sale from dealer to you
TC-656V
TC-569A
TC-661
Need a unique form for boat, trailer, motor.

All my friends keep asking if I'm excited to which I just answer "I will be when it's all done".

Thanks for the replies everyone, I can't wait to get it out after everything is sorted back home.
Well that's too bad, sounds like that good deal turned out to be a pain in the butt for you but once the deal is finally done, you will be a happy camper Cool