Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tracker Tundra
(07-17-2021, 03:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Well that's too bad, sounds like that good deal turned out to be a pain in the butt for you but once the deal is finally done, you will be a happy camper Cool

It was more work than was expected, for the price we ended up agreeing on (they took 1k off for troubles). I feel like I practically stole it.

Considering there is a tundra on ksl for ~26 and a few more in NE for ~17k.

Should provide me and my family years of fun
(07-17-2021, 04:16 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 03:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Well that's too bad, sounds like that good deal turned out to be a pain in the butt for you but once the deal is finally done, you will be a happy camper Cool

It was more work than was expected, for the price we ended up agreeing on (they took 1k off for troubles). I feel like I practically stole it.

As long as you were not in a hurry to get it and they dropped the price another K for you trouble, I guess it was worth the wait.
(07-17-2021, 04:16 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:

So, now, about your old boat...
(07-17-2021, 05:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: ]
As long as you were not in a hurry to get it and they dropped the price another K for you trouble, I guess it was worth the wait.

Yep, I sort of had everything in my favor.

(07-17-2021, 05:23 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: So, now, about your old boat...

I am still trying to decide what to do, list it with all the goodies, and buy new ones (terrova, finders, riggers) or move them to my new one.

My guess is thered some gremlins to work out on this new boat so it might be a while before I list it. Sure wouldnt mind cashing in on the crazy COVID process, though.
Also make sure you get a form for when the cops run the numbers for the boat, motor, and trailer. Wish that they would have told me that so that I could have had the forms ready and got it all done at the same time.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-18-2021, 05:07 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Also make sure you get a form for when the cops run the numbers for the boat, motor, and trailer. Wish that they would have told me that so that I could have had the forms ready and got it all done at the same time.

Do you know if there is a hp limit for titles? Will I need one for the kicker as well?
I'm not sure about the kicker motor. I would think that if it has a serial number I would get the form and have it checked. It's better to be over prepared.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-19-2021, 12:11 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 05:07 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Also make sure you get a form for when the cops run the numbers for the boat, motor, and trailer. Wish that they would have told me that so that I could have had the forms ready and got it all done at the same time.

Do you know if there is a hp limit for titles? Will I need one for the kicker as well?

They seem to make up rules as they go but when I licensed my out of state boat they only ask to check the serial number on the boat, trailer and main motor. They were not concerned with kickers, unless it was a small boat and the kicker was the main source of power but as mentioned, it would not hunt to be prepared in case they ask. The biggest issue I had was having to call the local sheriff dept to have one of them come by to verify the serial numbers.
I just recently went through the same problems. I bought a boat from Michigan but the previous owner was from Ohio and to make a long story short it was a nightmare trying to get the titles sorted out. I went into the DMV expecting to have a fight on my hands as Michigan doesn’t title motors so the motor was still titled in Ohio but the boat was now titled in Michigan.  They took the vin inspection and bill of sale and that was all they needed. It was actually a great experience at the dmv for once. 

As far as the boat goes. I’m on a forum with some guys who run the tundras and they all speak highly of them. Congratulations on the new boat!
Well this is all good new, hopefully I get it titled first shot!
Thank you everybody.

I'm working through all the maintenance so I have a perfect understanding of when what was done. Helps me schedule maintenance in the future.

Still debating if I am going to list my old one yet or not - I cant beleive boat prices right now. I'd hate to be without a boat for fall walleye fishing though.
No title needed for your kicker.
Might want to think of getting a prop with 2” or so of less pitch.
That 125 is a little on the small side for that size of fiberglass boat.
Of course I am assuming you are fishing Strawberry, Flaming Gorge, Starvation, etc.
If not, I will butt out now….
(07-20-2021, 01:30 AM)MrShane Wrote: No title needed for your kicker.
Of course I am assuming you are fishing Strawberry, Flaming Gorge, Starvation, etc.

You got it, I do a lot of that, but most times fish deer creek. I will follow the prop advice. It's actually formed aluminum, not glass. Man, I wish it had the 175 though... do you have any prop recommendations for the 125?
(07-20-2021, 02:36 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:

You got it, I do a lot of that, but most times fish deer creek. I will follow the prop advice. It's actually formed aluminum, not glass. Man, I wish it had the 175 though... do you have any prop recommendations for the 125?
My mistake, I had just gotten back from Fishlake when I looked at your pic and thought it was the glass Tundra. My eyes were tired from dodging deer along the highway.
When you have a chance go weigh your boat with a regular load then subtract your trailer weight.
Call Ricky Brainard at PropGods with all your information and the elevation of where you will do most of your boating, fudge maybe 500’ higher for best performance.
Ricky will have a solid recommendation for you.
(07-20-2021, 05:27 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 02:36 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote:

My mistake, I had just gotten back from Fishlake when I looked at your pic and thought it was the glass Tundra. My eyes were tired from dodging deer along the highway.
When you have a chance go weigh your boat with a regular load then subtract your trailer weight.
Call Ricky Brainard at PropGods with all your information and the elevation of where you will do most of your boating, fudge maybe 500’ higher for best performance.
Ricky will have a solid recommendation for you.

Awesome - thank you for the reccomendation. I know what you mean about fish lake deer. My last count was 22 in that 8 mile stretch. Thanks again!