Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell Fishing Help
Quote:So, why can't you go? You don't need the other two. The weather next week is looking fantastic. If you have the time off, hook up that boat, and head down. Hotels should be cheap, and empty -- or, rather, throw that tent in the boat, and go find yourself a beautiful, secluded beach to spend some quality social isolation time on!

I'm not speaking for Robert but your idea seems a little off to me. Let me see, a guy going down to fish a huge lake that he has never been on before, uh what could go wrong. That just doesn't seem like a great idea to me but part of the enjoyment of going fishing is sharing that experience with someone else, IMO. I know when you're younger you might feel it's more of an adventure, going by yourself to a new lake like that but not everyone feels the same.
wiper -- come on!  It's not like I'm suggesting that he go down and attempt to explore the entirety of the lake.  But there is no reason to be scared to head down to Wahweap and take the boat out to Lone Rock, Warm Creek, or further if one wants.  What could go wrong?  The exact same things that might go wrong at any other lake.  What do you do in those situations? 

If the size of Powell has someone intimidated, then don't view it as one big huge lake.  Look at the bays as individual lakes.  Launch at Wahweap / Stateline and fish Lone Rock -- stay in Wahweap Bay!  if you want to cruise over to Warm Creek, then head to Warm Creek.  Those are wonderful places to explore, and plenty safe for anyone that has ever boated before.  Like any other lake, watch for wind / weather.

Get a campground spot at Wahweap -- there should be plenty available right now.  Launch the boat, and stay within a comfortable distance of the marina's.  Spend the day in Wahweap.  On day two, venture out to Warm Creek...

Again -- the weather next week is going to be fantastic.  I can't think of a better place to go check out than Lake Powell!!

if nothing else - leave the boat home, and just go down and camp so that you can see what you're missing!
(03-25-2020, 03:31 PM)PBH Wrote: wiper -- come on!  It's not like I'm suggesting that he go down and attempt to explore the entirety of the lake.  But there is no reason to be scared to head down to Wahweap and take the boat out to Lone Rock, Warm Creek, or further if one wants.  What could go wrong?  The exact same things that might go wrong at any other lake.  What do you do in those situations? 

If the size of Powell has someone intimidated, then don't view it as one big huge lake.  Look at the bays as individual lakes.  Launch at Wahweap / Stateline and fish Lone Rock -- stay in Wahweap Bay!  if you want to cruise over to Warm Creek, then head to Warm Creek.  Those are wonderful places to explore, and plenty safe for anyone that has ever boated before.  Like any other lake, watch for wind / weather.

Get a campground spot at Wahweap -- there should be plenty available right now.  Launch the boat, and stay within a comfortable distance of the marina's.  Spend the day in Wahweap.  On day two, venture out to Warm Creek...

Again -- the weather next week is going to be fantastic.  I can't think of a better place to go check out than Lake Powell!!

if nothing else - leave the boat home, and just go down and camp so that you can see what you're missing!
 If you had of read my post it was tomorrow   that we were going (next week I'm going to Flaming Gorge)  also some of the post we saw down there fishing was slow, also some one was going to pull my boat.   And it is a lot of fun being with those guys.  I would rather go to Flaming Gorge if I had to go alone, I'm sure I could have found some one else to go but it still looks like fishing would be slow, and like you said weather looks good next week not so this week.  The guy that has the house boat that we were going to stay on, He is still going. and I fish with him a lot. I think I said when things settle down we woud go,  plus 2 other guys want to go when the water warms up.  So I will make it down there.  and it is hard for me to go any place with out my boat. and I want to go because I have a fish finder that was made for that place.  any way thanks for all I learned hear and it made me want to go down there.