Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Kokanee 4/25
I finally got back to Jordanelle after having some success chasing the Kokanee there in March before the restrictions came down. Myself and another BFT member launched at 6:30 am and had our first limit before 8am then we went over an hour with out getting bit so we picked up and tried two others spots before returning at 11:00 am to where we started, we had our second limit before noon. We caught them from 10ft. down to 30ft. with 20ft. most productive. our speed was 1.2mph to 1.5mph 60ft. Setback on the bottom and 70ft. on the stacked rods. We caught them on pink and orange set ups tipped with corn or maggots. We where the second boat out in the morning by the time we left there where dozens. Totals for the day 9 kokes hooked 8 landed and 1 brown. The kokanee are fat and healthy our largest was 18" and our smallest 16".

Attached Files Image(s)

They are getting some nice size to them. I love that the DWNR is having success setting up "option" lakes to SB and FG for kokes, should help space people out a bit
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice job!! Were you getting them inside the arm or out by the dam?
<quote option="&quot;T-Boz&quot; pid='"><br />
Nice job!! Were you getting them inside the arm or out by the dam?</quote><br />
I got them on the main body of the lake, following contour lines, we got all of them in 60-90ft. of water.<br />
I hope to be up there tomorrow for my first boat trip this year.  I'd love to bring back some nice kokanee to bottle up.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I like the way you stack your lines .   I have been telling people to do that for years.  but they think I'm not to smart.
but I would bet they do not catch as many Kokes as we do.
Wow.  Nice catch. I am looking forward to getting up there.  Last year I went up there for the first time.  Caught some nice kokanee on two trips.  Thanks for the report!
we were there saturday . i missed the early bite but i have noticed there is a 11 oclock bite we got 5 at that time
Heading up there in the morning with my boy, hopefully I'll be able to get in to them! This will be my first year going after them. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!