Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge Sunday 4-26-20
My boy got it in his head that he wanted to go to the gorge and catch a big mac. We launched out of lucerne and fished the wyoming side of the pipeline. We caught a couple kokes the first hour and swapped out gear to target the big Lakers. Not to long later my boy hooked into this fish. It was quite entertaining to watch my 16 yr old getting man handled fighting a fish. After a long 40 min battle the fish finally got to meet our net. Good weather and a fun day fishing. We lost 2 other macs when the hooks pulled out. Lots of spawning rainbow chasers at the marina. Everyone seem to be enjoying the day outdoors catching tons of rainbows. Our mack was photographed and released to get even bigger.
[Image: 20200426-103900.jpg]
(04-28-2020, 05:58 PM)Muskybee Wrote: My boy got it in his head that he wanted to go to the gorge and catch a big mac. We launched out of lucerne and fished the wyoming side of the pipeline. We caught a couple kokes the first hour and swapped out gear to target the big Lakers. Not to long later my boy hooked into this fish. It was quite entertaining to watch my 16 yr old getting man handled fighting a fish. After a long 40 min battle the fish finally got to meet our net. Good weather and a fun day fishing. We lost 2 other macs when the hooks pulled out. Lots of spawning rainbow chasers at the marina. Everyone seem to be enjoying the day outdoors catching tons of rainbows. Our mack was photographed and released to get even bigger.

Great Fish. Congratulations to your son! and thanks for posting
Were you guys trolling or jigging. Great catch
(04-28-2020, 05:58 PM)Muskybee Wrote: My boy got it in his head that he wanted to go to the gorge and catch a big mac. We launched out of lucerne and fished the wyoming side of the pipeline. We caught a couple kokes the first hour and swapped out gear to target the big Lakers. Not to long later my boy hooked into this fish. It was quite entertaining to watch my 16 yr old getting man handled fighting a fish. After a long 40 min battle the fish finally got to meet our net. Good weather and a fun day fishing. We lost 2 other macs when the hooks pulled out. Lots of spawning rainbow chasers at the marina. Everyone seem to be enjoying the day outdoors catching tons of rainbows. Our mack was photographed and released to get even bigger.

Awesome, what a pig!!!
Sunrise on the water
Thanks for sharing your fishing trip!  Nice fish and best of all. The big Smile!
That is a beauty! I don't know why, but that looks to be a really old fish to me.
The fish was caught trolling