Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinco De Willard 5-5-20
'Bout time this forum got back up and running.

Figgered I'd celebrate Cinco De Mayo on Willard.  Got cinco fishes...4 cats and 1 crappie..."cinco de Willard".

Met up with fellow tuber Lee just after 6 am and were launched by 6:30.  Air temp 45 and water temp 58...warming to 60 by noon departure.  Few boats and fewer fish.  Had to hunt hard.  But ended up seeing more on sonar than on my line.

In addition to flinging plastics and Gulp minnows...for crappies or whatever...I dragged minnows and tried out some new fire tiger crawler spinner rigs.  The new trinkets are the only things that got bit...except for one crappie on a gulp minnow.

Couldn't get any love in shallower water or near the rocks.  Eventually moved out to 21 feet or deeper to find marks on sonar and willing customers.  The deadly duo (WH2 and WS1) stopped by for a chat and to pick up some new blades Ira had ordered.  They headed off to the great openness and did not get to talk to them later to see how they did.

Lee had a bad day.  Nada, Zip, Zilch.  Oh well, gotta have one of those once in a while to keep ya properly humble.

In addition to practicing antisocial distancing today, I also wore my "Cat-Rona Virus" mask.  I'm told it not only helps keep me healthy but greatly improves my appearance.

[Image: CAT-RONA-VIRUS-MASK.jpg] [Image: LAUNCHTIME.jpg] [Image: SCORE-1.jpg] [Image: INCOMING.jpg] [Image: CONDITIONS.jpg] [Image: WAY-OUT-CRAPPIE.jpg] [Image: WAY-OUT-KITTY.jpg] [Image: CINCO-DE-WILLARD.jpg]
Hahahahahahahahahahah,   yea Pat, it does improve your looks.......... Big GrinBig Grin
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You did better than I did Saturday. I was surprised it wasnt more crowded
Maybe I aint the only one gettin skunked. Good job on finding a few fish
I thought that was a duck mask until you said it was a cat mask but when I clicked on it, to enlarge it, I saw the whiskers, that would be a good one for halloween. How big was the crappie? There ended up being 6 BFT members out there today, four in boats, two in tubes.
If you wear the mask, some one has to measure you for the contest
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
TD - that mask looks great!  and no doubt those 2 are the deadly duo. We were out there as well but ddidn't do nearly as well as they did (2 wipers, 2 eyes) we thru back one wiper as it was only 8 inches long - our smallest one to date - still we had nice a nice day, it was almost the perfect temp for both catching fish and us. Lots of shore fishing people were filling up as we were leaving, looked like all were keeping their distancing from one another so that's good.
(05-06-2020, 01:33 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: How big was the crappie?
Footlong
(05-05-2020, 11:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hahahahahahahahahahah,   yea Pat, it does improve your looks.......... Big GrinBig Grin
Well, some of us need all the help we can get.  Not getting too personal, but you could probably use some help your own self.

(05-06-2020, 01:51 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: If you wear the mask, some one has to measure you for the contest
I'd like to think I am "immeasurable". 
wiperhunter2 pid= Wrote:I thought that was a duck mask until you said it was a cat mask but when I clicked on it, to enlarge it, I saw the whiskers, that would be a good one for halloween. How big was the crappie? There ended up being 6 BFT members out there today, four in boats, two in tubes.

So, how did the Deadly Duo do?? Or is that Top Secret info? Lol.
(05-06-2020, 01:33 PM)WalleyeWisperer Wrote:
wiperhunter2 pid= Wrote:I thought that was a duck mask until you said it was a cat mask but when I clicked on it, to enlarge it, I saw the whiskers, that would be a good one for halloween. How big was the crappie? There ended up being 6 BFT members out there today, four in boats, two in tubes.

So, how did the Deadly Duo do?? Or is that Top Secret info? Lol.
Not "top secret".  However they did post a report on the Premium board and the rules (silly) are that it cannot also be reported on any other board.  The gist of the report is that they really whacked the walleye...with about 8 between them.  Also some wipers, a cat and even a big toad perch.  There now, I hope I won't get spanked for disclosing "premium" info.

Those guys have developed a lead core line system...fishing blades and crawlers...that seems to be really working well for them this year.  But as waters warm, shad spawn and food availability changes their system will change too.
[Image: 89-D4-C014-490-D-4072-877-E-13-D3-BCC54-C59.jpg] That's awesome!! Hope you don't get in trouble on my account. I hooked 15 yesterday but mostly wiper. Pretty sure I drove past you yesterday morning on my way out.
(05-06-2020, 05:53 PM)WalleyeWisperer Wrote: [Image: 89-D4-C014-490-D-4072-877-E-13-D3-BCC54-C59.jpg] That's awesome!! Hope you don't get in trouble on my account. I hooked 15 yesterday but mostly wiper. Pretty sure I drove past you yesterday morning on my way out.
Nice work.   Were you in a Lund?
Nope... a Tracker Targa. Same boat as everyone else lol.
(05-06-2020, 11:51 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 11:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hahahahahahahahahahah,   yea Pat, it does improve your looks.......... Big GrinBig Grin

Well, some of us need all the help we can get.  Not getting too personal, but you could probably use some help your own self.

You got that right, I sure could.

(05-06-2020, 01:51 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: If you wear the mask, some one has to measure you for the contest

I'd like to think I am "immeasurable". 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(05-06-2020, 06:25 PM)WalleyeWisperer Wrote: Nope... a Tracker Targa. Same boat as everyone else lol.

Nice job on the wipers and walleye. Any particular colors, types of lures and speed work best for you?
I was just pulling cranks. Around 2mph on average, 1.8-2.3. Lately bright colors seem best. Last year that wasn't the case. It seems to change a lot. You just have to keep changing it up until you gettem. I only live 10 minutes away and go a lot. That really helps keep tabs on the roaming schools. 10-15' FOW is the depth zone Ive been focusing on.
(05-07-2020, 04:45 AM)WalleyeWisperer Wrote: I was just pulling cranks. Around 2mph on average, 1.8-2.3. Lately bright colors seem best. Last year that wasn't the case. It seems to change a lot. You just have to keep changing it up until you gettem. I only live 10 minutes away and go a lot. That really helps keep tabs on the roaming schools. 10-15' FOW is the depth zone Ive been focusing on.

Thanks. I'll be out there tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday in a red 16' Tracker boat. If you see me, say hello. I'm really trying to figure out the walleye this year. I've only gotten one this year but I expect it to just get better from here on out.
I was finally able to get back on the site after multiple password changes. But here I am. Yep I was skunked big time, but hopefully its out of the way now. It was still great to be on the water. Like a wise man told me "Better Days Are Coming".