Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach report 6-2-20 Now the cats are on!
The cat action is hot and heavy now. Good to see everybody out taking advantage of fair weather and great cattin'.
I fished Provo Bay in my kayak the past two days and the cats are anxious to play but they play dirty. Most of them are hanging out among last years stubbed off phrags and fishing is hand-to-hand combat while fighting both the fish and the phrags. Hooked many that got off as they tangled and could not be dislodged. The kayak provides good access but man, getting the cats out of the phrags is tough. 

I have had my best luck with white bass either dangled under a bobber or, where possible, dragging behind the yak. Starting to see many of the big males begin their morph to "blue cats." A few starting to show battle wounds as disputes over nesting areas arise. 

I caught some good cats over at the Knolls last week and hope to get back over there as the weather permits. Plan to see if I can talk Craig into going with me next time. Hopefully we can do a double whammy on them. Also want to try a night shift at the BS inlet for some big night-feeders.

Looks like a little blustery weather coming toward this weekend so might use a couple of days to stock up on white bass. 

Best to all,
BLK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln Beach report 6-2-20 Now the cats are on! - by Boatloadakids - 06-03-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Lincoln Beach report 6-2-20 Now the cats are on! - by Fritzfishin - 06-04-2020, 12:29 PM