Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle trolling kokes and bows today
Took my sister up to Jordanelle today to see if we could find some kokes. Might be my last trip before the hunts.
It took a while and a few rainbows to locate some kokes. Started about 7am caught a handful of planter sized rainbows but no Kokes in about an hour and a half. Wonder it they recently put some in. Have not caught any on other trips this year. Finally found some Kokanee we caught 7 let one very small one go lost a couple and had to keep a couple bows that were hooked to bad to release.
We ended up keeping the 6 Kokanee and 2 rainbows.
All the kokes and bows were caught on sling blade and pink squids from 25 feet to 35 feet deep.
Rainbows were caught shallower from 10 to 15 feet.
Checked temps in the water column
55 feet was were the colder than 53 degree water was. No fish showing up there.
Temps at 35 feet where the kokes were was still 62.3 degrees.
Surface temp was 71.5 degrees.
Mildog out[Image: 0055-D07-F-4565-4-E00-A297-F247-A0-E39-DEA.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Pretty much the same results that we found over the weekend. Didn't notice any of the fins clipped on the rainbows and hat we caught like you usually find with planters but we are catching them from the other nlet out to the main part of the lake.

We also seem to be having better results with tipping the squids with corn than we are with the Gulp maggots.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(08-05-2020, 09:58 PM)Mildog Wrote: Took my sister up to Jordanelle today to see if we could find some kokes. Might be my last trip before the hunts.
It took a while and a few rainbows to locate some kokes. Started about 7am caught a handful of planter sized rainbows but no Kokes in about an hour and a half. Wonder it the recently put some in. Have not caught any on other trips this year. Finally found some Kokanee we caught 7 let one very small one go lost a couple and had to keep a couple bows that were hooked to bad to release.
All the kokes and bows were caught on sling blade and pink squids from 25 feet to 35 feet deep.
Nice report and pic, hard to tell but are the kokes starting to change color there?
Ours had just the slightest tinge of pink.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(08-06-2020, 12:47 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Ours had just the slightest tinge of pink.
Thanks, doesn't sound as bad as they are at Strawberry.
Most of the rainbows we caught had missing fins and were cookie cutter size 2 of the 8 or 9 rainbows we caught did not have missing fins.
Nice conditions and not crowded. But still had 2 wakeboard boats that had to run around right by us when the lake was wide open and flat. About the time we quit to let the dog swim and retrieve then the boats, jet skis etc started piling in.
We pulled off about 11:30 and they were launching a bunch of the Power Squad Craft lol.
Mildog

They were still bright. The one and only male was starting to hook up a bit. Interesting even the little one we kept because it was not in good shape and double hooked, had eggs and it was only about 9 inches !! All The kokes we caught last weekend at strawberry were all getting some pink and not bright.
Mildog
[Image: 4-DB5-A25-B-F1-F5-4-E33-B393-F74-AAC713-D24.jpg]
Good report and nice pics....I keep going to Strawberry, and then am kicking myself in the butt as I'm coming back past Jordanelle on the way home, again asking myself why I went to Strawberry instead of Jordanelle! ... (going to Strawberry again on Friday...I'll probably have an even bigger black and blue spot on my rear)....
(08-06-2020, 05:35 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Good report and nice pics....I keep going to Strawberry, and then am kicking myself in the butt as I'm coming back past Jordanelle on the way home, again asking myself why I went to Strawberry instead of Jordanelle! ... (going to Strawberry again on Friday...I'll probably have an even bigger black and blue spot on my rear)....
Just an FYI   Last Saturday... I did better at Strawberry when I got away from where the Flotilla was fishing. Try new areas... 35 to 40 feet on depth worked for us for the Kokes at the Berry.
Mildog
(08-06-2020, 12:38 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 09:58 PM)Mildog Wrote: Took my sister up to Jordanelle today to see if we could find some kokes. Might be my last trip before the hunts.
It took a while and a few rainbows to locate some kokes. Started about 7am caught a handful of planter sized rainbows but no Kokes in about an hour and a half. Wonder it the recently put some in. Have not caught any on other trips this year. Finally found some Kokanee we caught 7 let one very small one go lost a couple and had to keep a couple bows that were hooked to bad to release.
Nice report and pic, hard to tell but are the kokes starting to change color there?
Were you catching in the main body of the water, or in one of the arms??
I fished the Rockcliff arm Wednesday morning and the Rainbows that I caught were missing fins. Caught a ton of Smallmouth bass.
We fished Rockcliff arm this morning. I couldn’t see to find the Kokes. Rainbows
Seem to be enjoying my typical Koke rigs....
It took a while and a few rainbows to locate some kokes. Started about 7am caught a handful of planter sized rainbows but no Kokes in about an hour and a half. Wonder it they recently put some in. Have not caught any on other trips this year. Finally found some Kokanee we caught 7 let one very small one go lost a couple and had to keep a couple bows that were hooked to bad to release.
=================================================================

you maybe talking me into going to Jordanelle I know Strawberry a lot better so do not fish Jordanelle a lot 
need to take my garmin live scope and see what the kokes look like.
strawberry aug 7  about 7:30 AM at 38 feet down water temp was 54.8 deg that is where I was catching Kokes and a lot of cuts
top water was 69.3 deg.