Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC crappie 8/10
I hit deer Creek yesterday morning. As usual, I was at the gate early and had to wait for the darn thing to open. I was in search of some more walleye because the trip before produced some. I searched for those sneaky creatures from 6 to about 9 with no luck. Not even a bite. I decided to head to the north side and throw for some little small mouths to get rid of the skunkyness. Needless to say, I was into bass right away and caught a fair share. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my first crappie on the line when I was expecting bass. I caught about a dozen of the crappie and kept 3 for my dinner. They were all nice size beautiful fish. This was my first time catching these and it was fun. I was casting toward shore with a shad colored swim bait and bouncing the bottom back toward the boat. I tried multiple baits and this was the best. You can guarantee I'll try to find them again. 
[Image: IMG-20200810-135848.jpg]
Those are some decent sized Crappie for sure! What size swim bait ( if you don't mind me asking ). I picked up some 3.5 and I think a size smaller as well, but the swim head I have for them seems a bit big. No luck with that setup at Hyrum a month ago, but willing to try again.
(08-11-2020, 10:01 PM)JArner Wrote: Those are some decent sized Crappie for sure! What size swim bait ( if you don't mind me asking ).  I picked up some 3.5 and I think a size smaller as well, but the swim head I have for them seems a bit big. No luck with that setup at Hyrum a month ago, but willing to try again.
I was using a Ned rigged 3.5" swim bait with a plain 1/8 once head. The jig head size seemed big to me at first butI think it helped keep bouncing bottom. These crappie were definitely big enough to fit it in their mouths.
Nice Crappie for sure! You didn't keep any smallies for thebpan?
I was there on the 8th hunting for the wiley walleye. We caught one 13-14 inch walleye. We then caught some perch, a SM and a 12 inch crappie. I then caught a couple really nice bows before the bite was done. I made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QcPDZqrw4
(08-13-2020, 09:05 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Nice Crappie for sure!  You didn't keep any smallies for thebpan?
I'm going to be 100% honest, I have never ate any bass. Are they as good as the crappie? Maybe you need to hand me down your best fry recipe and I'll have to try them!
(08-19-2020, 08:25 PM)Outfishing13 Wrote: I was there on the 8th hunting for the wiley walleye.  We caught one 13-14 inch walleye.  We then caught some perch, a SM and a 12 inch crappie.  I then caught a couple really nice bows before the bite was done. I made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QcPDZqrw4
Nicely done....I enjoyed your video.....looks, and sounds, like you had a fun time out on the water....Guluk...