Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 9/20
Sunday was too beautiful of a day to spend around the house. My wife and I decided to head up to Mantua with the kayaks. We got up there around 1pm and fished until the sun almost reached the peaks off to the west. 

The algae bloom is on and the water clarity is pretty bad. We saw a lot of marks on the way over to the back side from the boat ramp. We just couldn’t get anything to bite. Got over to the rocky point and started fishing the south side of it. I swapped over to a chatter bait in pumpkin color and got our first fish of the day. Wife wasn’t ready to put on my other chatter bait until I caught another even bigger bass. A few casts later and she landed her fist bass ever on a white chatter bait. 

We fished around the point towards the back launch area, and got some perch grabbing the rails of the trailing plastics. So we switched over to some curly tail jigs and landed a few perch to finish out the evening. 

I did end up swimming for a rod I knocked out in 4’ of water. I’m sure it was quite the spectacle for the other anglers and bike riders on the path. From now on I’m putting a leash on everything! Didn’t get too much of an irritation from the water but we rushed home to shower off. 

[Image: 2-E67937-F-40-B1-40-FA-806-B-A78500-BAD207.jpg]

[Image: CE4-D7-C08-87-A3-46-D3-A295-F5-BD13652-F3-E.jpg]

[Image: 00-BE04-D5-DD11-4-A5-C-85-EE-CA0-D5205-DFB2.jpg]

[Image: 10-E957-EA-EF1-F-4042-B36-E-3-FBF79189-E3-F.jpg]
Nice bass, nice post.
Been wondering about Mantua. Not sure I'm though enough to risk the seven year itch
(09-26-2020, 01:40 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Been wondering about Mantua. Not sure I'm though enough to risk the seven year itch

Yeah I don’t think it was wise, but man I hate losing gear.