Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 wiperhunter's Garden
[quote pid="1124938" dateline="1634590623"]
So everything in your garden froze?
[/quote]

A few cherry tomatoes are still edible and a few raspberries are still not frozen.  I picked all of the larger green tomatoes and put them in my basement to ripen.
(10-18-2021, 08:57 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 08:34 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 07:08 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: How is your garden holding up Kent? I haven't checked the Green Beans(GB) since last week but when I last picked them, the harvest had dropped from 200 GB harvest when I was watering, to 36 after I stopped watering.

Other than being frozen it is doing great.  I think your decrease in production is likely more related to weather and seasonal change more than water reduction.

So everything in your garden froze? You could be right about the seasonal change but either way it's that time of the year.
I heard earlier this year everyone felt it was taking longer for tomatoes to ripen up. This year, we put a record number (203) of green ones in the basement to ripen ahead of our first frost weeks ago. This year, we've canned a lot of tomato soup (since it uses the most tomatoes) and some we canned for just as tomatoes for chili fixings, but we also froze some for chili to use up first since we could do this in smaller batches.