Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gracious host 2
Well, I did the gracious host routine again on a sturgeon trip.  Rob, Larry and I fished the last three days.  We ended up with 20 and were fortunate to catch two 8 footers.  Once again, I did far more helping-land-the-fish than catching them myself.  I'm just glad that we caught some sturgeon and I was able to have fun with a couple of great guys.  I will leave it to Rob and Larry to post some pictures.
(04-23-2021, 05:52 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well, I did the gracious host routine again on a sturgeon trip.  Rob, Larry and I fished the last three days.  We ended up with 20 and were fortunate to catch two 8 footers.  Once again, I did far more helping-land-the-fish than catching them myself.  I'm just glad that we caught some sturgeon and I was able to have fun with a couple of great guys.  I will leave it to Rob and Larry to post some pictures.
Good on you Kent, sounds like a good trip. I guess Rob and Larry are having problems posting the pics.
(04-24-2021, 10:10 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 05:52 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well, I did the gracious host routine again on a sturgeon trip.  Rob, Larry and I fished the last three days.  We ended up with 20 and were fortunate to catch two 8 footers.  Once again, I did far more helping-land-the-fish than catching them myself.  I'm just glad that we caught some sturgeon and I was able to have fun with a couple of great guys.  I will leave it to Rob and Larry to post some pictures.
Good on you Kent, sounds like a good trip. I guess Rob and Larry are having problems posting the pics.

I am a little slow with the pictures because my arms are still recovering from landing 13 sturgeon with the biggest at 8' 2". Kent is always a great host. I first went with Kent Sturgeon fishing almost 20 years ago, and have been with him to Idaho 6-7 times. Thanks again Kent for a great trip.

(04-25-2021, 10:35 PM)luckybob Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 10:10 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I am a little slow with the pictures because my arms are still recovering from landing 13 sturgeon with the biggest at 8' 2". Kent is always a great host. I first went with Kent Sturgeon fishing almost 20 years ago, and have been with him to Idaho 6-7 times. Thanks again Kent for a great trip.
[Image: 1117.jpg]

[Image: 1118.jpg]

[Image: 1120.jpg]

[Image: 1121.jpg]

[Image: 1122.jpg]
Thanks, Kent. It was a great trip in a beautiful place with fantastic company.  You certainly were a gracious host and Rob was kind enough to let us watch him catch fish, lots of fish.  Only one sturgeon in three days for me, but it still was three days will spent that will long be remembered.  Thanks again for the invite and the chance to chase these fantastic fish.

Larry
Thanks for the report and the pictures - glad you caught a couple of the biggies Smile 

So how was the moss/salad bar/green floating vegetation ?  

How was the mountain home accommodations ?  Or were you camping ?
Were the restaurants open to sit down eating ?

Are you launching at the bridge or driving down the rocky road ?

Thanks for the little details much appreciated
(04-26-2021, 07:24 PM)Lundman Wrote: Thanks for the report and the pictures - glad you caught a couple of the biggies Smile 

(04-26-2021, 07:24 PM)Lundman Wrote: Thanks for the report and the pictures - glad you caught a couple of the biggies Smile 

The seaweed was awful, after boating ~6 miles and after trying to fish in 3 different spots we gave up and moved elsewhere.  Unfortunately, an invasive species is taking over in a big way.  It is either milfoil or hydrilla or both.  In prior years, the times that I have gone, in the spring, the seaweed was not bad at all.  I guess that those days are now over. Sad

The accommodations in the motel were as good as ever. Undecided   For the last couple years they have upgraded -- wait for it -- they now also provide shampoo in the rooms!

Some restaurants were open for sit down dining and some were not. The good downtown hamburger joint is no longer there.

We launched at the bridge.  The last time I launched down that rocky road I damaged my trailer (on that ugly boat ramp).  Never again will I launch from that ramp.