Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report - catfish dinner
Ya got a hankering for a catfish dinner - here is a recipe to try...

Step 1 - take nightcrawlers and some small hook to any hole on the Mallad River

Step 2 - bait hook with tiny piece of worm and toss in with a small sinker to just hold it on the bottom

Step 3 - reel in suckers, chubs and carp (option to use cast net or minnow traps are allowed in this recipe)

Step 4 - meet up with Pat at Willard and listen to a ton of earned wisdom about cattn' the Bay

Step 5 - goto one of his suggested locations and tie on some of that real fresh bait to a circle hook on a Santee rig, Carolina bottom rig or flig

Step 5 - watch Pat launch his toon and head out to the great beyond

Step 6 -  start reeling in cats

Step 7 - watch Pat return with his fish bag loaded with wisker treats

Step 8 - get a refresher course on fillet methods from the master

Step 8 - take fillets home and cook 

Step 9 - repeat as needed to maintain sanity

It was a great trip up to the Mallad for bait and then to meet up with Pat for a shared cattn adventure. And he did actually share recipes to try on my next batch of cats - you will have to ask him for the recipe - I dont want to divulge a family secret (IE his garlic and olive oil method) 

Good times - Here is the video link

https://youtu.be/pe2Cq_vmK6U

[Image: 20201008-081131.jpg]
[Image: 20201008-110404.jpg]
[Image: 20201002-134040.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Enjoyed reading that.
Great write up, enjoyed the video as well.
Wunnerful.  Looks like you guys got it down "Pat".

Thinking about next Thursday.
We will pencil Thur in
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good job. Good to see them on the marina. Guess I better go look for them.
I'm impressed with anyone who matches their fishing line color to the color of their rod!
(10-13-2020, 04:16 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I'm impressed with anyone who matches their fishing line color to the color of their rod!

My wife picks my clothes out, too.
That was a great video !  I think I remember seeing all that catfish tackle and poles in one of Cookie's posts last year. Glad it's producing.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(10-13-2020, 04:53 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:16 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I'm impressed with anyone who matches their fishing line color to the color of their rod!

My wife picks my clothes out, too.

So does mine. Cool