Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Erie Catawba Walleye & Bass Fishing
Walleye and bass fishing Lake Erie Catawba Island area September 28th. The video below was a fun day on the lake.  For some crazy reason the walleye was right up on the shoreline.  Guys were catching them from shore this particular day.  The baitfish must have been pushed in there good.  Maybe something to check out until the ice comes back for fishing.  One thing about walleye they always seem to be moving.

https://rumble.com/v232g8i-lake-erie-cat...3&mc=9e0fe

[Image: Catawba-Small.jpg]
Looked like another great day out there. Looks like you guys have the boat cover with cameras. Did you use a drone for the aerial footage at the beginning? The way those rods are layed out on the forward deck, I'd be afraid I'd spet on them, does that ever happen? Nice mixed bag oif fish.
(01-04-2023, 02:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looked like another great day out there. Looks like you guys have the boat cover with cameras. Did you use a drone for the aerial footage at the beginning? The way those rods are layed out on the forward deck, I'd be afraid I'd spet on them, does that ever happen? Nice mixed bag oif fish.

I used a drone at the beginning for aerial view of what we fish.  Rods can be a issue.  If we didn't have all the camera equipment, we would have some more room for the rods in the rod lockers.  I haven't stepped on a rod yet, so knock on wood it doesn't happen.   Smile We use 4 different cameras in the boat, and the drone for aerial footage.  Thanks for checking it out.  Sometimes during the winter it's just nice to hear the sounds of open water.   We are in limbo here with ice on the lakes, but not thick enough to walk on yet.
(01-04-2023, 03:28 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 02:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looked like another great day out there. Looks like you guys have the boat cover with cameras. Did you use a drone for the aerial footage at the beginning? The way those rods are layed out on the forward deck, I'd be afraid I'd spet on them, does that ever happen? Nice mixed bag oif fish.

I used a drone at the beginning for aerial view of what we fish.  Rods can be a issue.  If we didn't have all the camera equipment, we would have some more room for the rods in the rod lockers.  I haven't stepped on a rod yet, so knock on wood it doesn't happen.   Smile We use 4 different cameras in the boat, and the drone for aerial footage.  Thanks for checking it out.  Sometimes during the winter it's just nice to hear the sounds of open water.   We are in limbo here with ice on the lakes, but not thick enough to walk on yet.

With that cold snap they received a little north of you I'm surprised the cold didn't come down to your area. We had some good early ice hear but a week ago the weather pattern changed and it warmed up to the point that some of our lower elevation lakes are open now, might be getting the boat out soon.
(01-04-2023, 06:08 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 03:28 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote:

With that cold snap they received a little north of you I'm surprised the cold didn't come down to your area. We had some good early ice hear but a week ago the weather pattern changed and it warmed up to the point that some of our lower elevation lakes are open now, might be getting the boat out soon.

25 % of Lake Erie froze up pretty quick.  We had -30 wind chill for couple days.  Guys did get out on the bays and smaller lakes with good ice, but it didn't last long.  Warmed up to 60 just a few days later.  Unfortunately, I had to work so I never got out during those days.