Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayden Kokanee
I heard there was a Kokanee bite going on at Hayden Lake ID so I went to check it out yesterday. There were a lot of boats out there so the word must have gotten out. We brought in 4 decent size and had 3 come off. The bite was very very shy. We had one that was stealing the corn off both hooks, we finally got him hooked up. Not great numbers but after a long dry spell on CDA, I was happy to get some blood in the boat.

I smoked those bad boys up, so good to eat! I might try again this week and get some more dinner fare.
Nice, I love smoked Kokanee.
(05-14-2021, 07:03 PM)NWFishin Wrote: I heard there was a Kokanee bite going on at Hayden Lake ID so I went to check it out yesterday. There were a lot of boats out there so the word must have gotten out. We brought in 4 decent size and had 3 come off. The bite was very very shy. We had one that was stealing the corn off both hooks, we finally got him hooked up. Not great numbers but after a long dry spell on CDA, I was happy to get some blood in the boat.

I smoked those bad boys up, so good to eat! I might try again this week and get some more dinner fare.

Nice report I love northern Idaho, so many great bodies water up there.

(05-14-2021, 07:03 PM)NWFishin Wrote: I heard there was a Kokanee bite going on at Hayden Lake ID so I went to check it out yesterday. There were a lot of boats out there so the word must have gotten out. We brought in 4 decent size and had 3 come off. The bite was very very shy. We had one that was stealing the corn off both hooks, we finally got him hooked up. Not great numbers but after a long dry spell on CDA, I was happy to get some blood in the boat.

Nice report I love northern Idaho, so many great bodies water up there.
I went out again yesterday, getting a little better at locating and catching these guys. They are still pretty shallow, 5-20'. I caught them on a range of colors and lures. The most seemed to come on a silver dodger with a pink wedding ring. Chinook should be turning on in CDA soon so I think I'll be there for awhile before I start fishing for the big trout on Pend Orielle.
Nice report