Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Fork Reservoir Help
Hey Team!

I'm going to be spending a few days in Elko and was going to hit up South Fork reservoir. 

I was hoping people could share any tips on patterns that work there. I was planning on going to the south end of the lake where the river comes in. I have a drift boat but no motor so I'll need to stay close in case the wind gets brutal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kyle
(06-01-2021, 05:08 PM)kjox21 Wrote: Hey Team!

I'm going to be spending a few days in Elko and was going to hit up South Fork reservoir. 

I was hoping people could share any tips on patterns that work there. I was planning on going to the south end of the lake where the river comes in. I have a drift boat but no motor so I'll need to stay close in case the wind gets brutal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kyle

Good luck Kyle, hope you find some willing fish at South Fork.
Thanks! I'll keep the thread posted.
Well the trip was kinda rough. My drift boat trailer blew a bearing and now I need a new axel.

Thankfully someone flagged me down on the free way and told me. He was a super nice guy, even pulled over to give me a hand. Good karma to that guy!

Saw lots of midges at South Fork, but since I didn't have my boat it was hard to get on fish consistently. I hooked 4 and didn't land any unfortunately. Still a good time to get out.
(06-08-2021, 02:48 PM)kjox21 Wrote: Well the trip was kinda rough. My drift boat trailer blew a bearing and now I need a new axel.

Thankfully someone flagged me down on the free way and told me. He was a super nice guy, even pulled over to give me a hand. Good karma to that guy!

Saw lots of midges at South Fork, but since I didn't have my boat it was hard to get on fish consistently. I hooked 4 and didn't land any unfortunately. Still a good time to get out.

Well that's too bad, I always hate those long trips, because I'm afraid that exact thing will happen. Sure was nice of that guy to let you know about your trailer and even gave you a hand. Glad you at least had some fish on, even if you did not land them.