Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last run for cats
Wink 
Made my last outing for cats today. One good hit but no hookups.  Dodgy Next week I hit the swamps for Lg Mouth and hope the yellow flies aren't around. Wish some more Tar Heels would post here.  Huh
(06-01-2021, 05:58 PM)gdn443 Wrote: Made my last outing for cats today. One good hit but no hookups.  Dodgy Next week I hit the swamps for Lg Mouth and hope the yellow flies aren't around. Wish some more Tar Heels would post here.  Huh

You would think the cat fishing would be hot right now, what were you using? I wish your board would get more activity too. Good luck on the LM bass next week. By the way, how is your garden doing this year?
(06-02-2021, 12:18 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 05:58 PM)gdn443 Wrote: Made my last outing for cats today. One good hit but no hookups.  Dodgy Next week I hit the swamps for Lg Mouth and hope the yellow flies aren't around. Wish some more Tar Heels would post here.  Huh

You would think the cat fishing would be hot right now, what were you using? I wish your board would get more activity too. Good luck on the LM bass next week. By the way, how is your garden doing this year?

Kurt the record Cat was caught a couple of days ago near me at 122 lbs. But it's good at night, not so much in daylight. I have no wish to be up at 3:30 am to fish for them. LOL I do need to find a source for Shad as thats the choice of bait here.    As far as the garden goes it  was a disaster this year. Beets the size of golf balls, squash dried up even with watering.  Tomatoes are sickly looking, but peppers are doing well.  I did get 4- 5 gal buckets of green beans.  Smile  Canned 23 Quarts and and 5 pints of pickled beans. Then gave the rest away.  I'll be planting again in mid Auguest for Collards, turnips and I'll try winter squash again. Cold wet spring here messed all us farmers up. Hope the fall will be better.