Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield fire info
Has anyone been down to Scofield in the last couple of days? I'm wondering how close the fire is to the lake
You can zoom in on that fire or any other on this link. It looks like it’s within 3-4 miles of Scofield Reservoir. No one is going to let you get close if you go down. 
https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewe...6e907a1fc3#!
(06-19-2021, 01:32 AM)dbswoot Wrote: Has anyone been down to Scofield in the last couple of days? I'm wondering how close the fire is to the lake

We have cabin on the lake and have been down all week.  It’s close to the lake but hasn’t effecting anything dealing with recreating on the lake.
(06-20-2021, 05:31 PM)Deke3 Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 01:32 AM)dbswoot Wrote: Has anyone been down to Scofield in the last couple of days? I'm wondering how close the fire is to the lake

We have cabin on the lake and have been down all week.  It’s close to the lake but hasn’t effecting anything dealing with recreating on the lake.

How about the smoke? I drove by on highway 6 the day after it started and the smoke was pretty bad.Several days later the smoke wasn’t as bad but there was a new fire starting up before Price was. Obviously a lot depends on the wind but the fire is to the west.
(06-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Riverdogs Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 05:31 PM)Deke3 Wrote:

How about the smoke? I drove by on highway 6 the day after it started and the smoke was pretty bad.Several days later the smoke wasn’t as bad but there was a new fire starting up before Price was. Obviously a lot depends on the wind but the fire is to the west.

I just got home from there and there is hardly any smoke right now. The smoke drastically went down the last couple of days.
Is the fire in the Fish Creek drainage?
(06-21-2021, 05:14 PM)PBH Wrote: Is the fire in the Fish Creek drainage?

Not so far, it is to the north of Upper Fish Creek and Pontown.  It is showing 64% contained as of eight hours ago.

We were at Scofield today and did not see much smoke.  Those fire crew guys are amazing, I don't know how anyone could work in those conditions.  My hats off to them and the job they do.
thanks Gofish.
(06-21-2021, 10:40 PM)gofish435 Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 05:14 PM)PBH Wrote: Is the fire in the Fish Creek drainage?

Not so far, it is to the north of Upper Fish Creek and Pontown.  It is showing 64% contained as of eight hours ago.

We were at Scofield today and did not see much smoke.  Those fire crew guys are amazing, I don't know how anyone could work in those conditions.  My hats off to them and the job they do.

They drink a lot of water or else. I've seen "or else" and it's not pretty. But you can get a nice helicopter ride.