Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NC Gardening this yearn
Sad 
We had a long cold spring as well of a lot of rain. Beet tops were great but all my beets were only a size of a golf ball. Finally got some green beans planted, but only half came up, had to replant 50 percent. Growing now but heat has hit us big time. My tomatoes leaves are shriveling. Thought too much rain so I stopped the drip. Just got worse. I even changed location and type of tomato. No end rot this year.  Smile  Peppers are going well and winter squash are growing as well. Had to replant half of them as well. Guess we are in for a tough year. Garlic did very well, so that was a great surprise. good luck boys.
(06-21-2021, 02:55 PM)gdn443 Wrote: We had a long cold spring as well of a lot of rain. Beet tops were great but all my beets were only a size of a golf ball. Finally got some green beans planted, but only half came up, had to replant 50 percent. Growing now but heat has hit us big time. My tomatoes leaves are shriveling. Thought too much rain so I stopped the drip. Just got worse. I even changed location and type of tomato. No end rot this year.  Smile  Peppers are going well and winter squash are growing as well. Had to replant half of them as well. Guess we are in for a tough year. Garlic did very well, so that was a great surprise. good luck boys.

Thanks for posting an update on your garden Gregg. We are in a brutal heat wave here, way too hot for this time of the year.
It sure would be nice if we could complain about it being too wet. We could desperately use your excess water.