Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Any Hyrum Reports?
Thinking I might taco trip tamale. Any word on water level, ramp condition - or even if the fishies are hungry? I'm a bass and panfish guy, so don't need any slimy trout news.
We caught perch mid day with our mini version of fligs (pugly perch bugs). Since it was mid day and power boats were churning, I can only imagine the morning would be a bit better. I also have some good intel on Echo and Rockport giving up bass and perch. I know you are fond of drifting along the rocks at Echo. Should treat you good right now.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hyrum is 70% full.
(06-21-2021, 09:25 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Thinking I might taco trip tamale. Any word on water level, ramp condition - or even if the fishies are hungry? I'm a bass and panfish guy, so don't need any slimy trout news.

With the heat the water temp is over 70. Also many many skiers and the water hasnt been clear for a month or more. Perch fishing is tougher than last year. Some days it may take me an hour or so to locate fish. Most of the perch are good sized. Probably be out tomorrow morning again.
Hmmmm...Well, now I'm disappointed. As bad as my luck has been there, it looks like Willard is still my best choice.
(06-22-2021, 11:37 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Hmmmm...Well, now I'm disappointed. As bad as my luck has been there, it looks like Willard is still my best choice.

19 perch today. all nice perch- also 3 bass over 15", largest at 18 1/4" . Took over an hour to find the perch, the bass were easy.
That's encouraging. Thanks!
(06-23-2021, 01:59 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: That's encouraging. Thanks!

Another tough day for perch but in the end a 20 minute span put 18 10" plus perch in the boat for a total of 26 . The wake boats blew us off the mark and for 15 min. we could not relocate being over it again so hit the road. Tried to tell the park rangers that the fish cleaning station was down but couldn't find anyone and it was Sunday. By noon it was a busy day at the beach to say the least.

(06-23-2021, 01:59 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: That's encouraging. Thanks!
I went up there Friday morning. Didn't find bass in the weeds as I expected - they may have moved out after Thursday's storms. Found them off the steep cliffs in 15ft. They hit underspin jigs and Ned rig. Had a big one on with the Ned rig and 6# test until a wake boat wave got me and put slack in the line. Buh Bye. Had learned from a camper that the cleaning station was down, so released all.
(06-28-2021, 03:28 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I went up there Friday morning. Didn't find bass in the weeds as I expected - they may have moved out after Thursday's storms. Found them off the steep cliffs in 15ft. They hit underspin jigs and Ned rig. Had a big one on with the Ned rig and 6# test until a wake boat wave got me and put slack in the line. Buh Bye. Had learned from a camper that the cleaning station was down, so released all.
How's that new boat working out for you Rocky?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Lovin' it, Bob. I'm quickly becoming more adept at backing it up and docking it, too. Old skills returning, maybe. Think I'll go back tomorrow.
The station was down Sunday and I still used it. Put all guts in a large garbage bag and only used the water and cleaned the the station with a scrub brush afterwards. But it was working today.  41 nice perch but you had to be over them --directly over them. With the wind and boats I used the finder, then the anchor and then the electric motor with the anchor down. Would have minutes of fish after fish then nada because we were off by 10 ft. Then get back on them and hammer them. Gave the camp host (A good old boy ) 20 fillets.