Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father's Day on Flaming Gorge
Just got done publishing our Father's Day trip to Flaming Gorge on YouTube.  Got some great action with fish jumping all over the place.  Day 1 we went up to Buckboard and did pretty good catching a nice rainbow, one laker pup, and some great kokanee including one absolute monster.  Day 2 we tried the Utah side at Sheep Creek.  We caught some smaller fish but managed 3 really nice kokanee.  Boy was it HOT outside!!!!  Day 3 went back up to Buckboard and only caught 1 rainbow and 1 pup when the wind came ROARING in and blew us off the lake.  Still was a good trip and made some great memories with family.  Even purchased a plot of land in Manila, UT for the Knottyhookr Homestead!!! Until next time we hope to see you on the lake!!!!
https://youtu.be/Yqjzqb7G3VM
[Image: PXL-20210621-212217169.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210622-203425682.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210623-223806103.jpg]
Nice report and pics, so how big was that big monster you caught? Do you use those big blades when you are trolling for kokes?
(07-08-2021, 03:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report and pics, so how big was that big monster you caught? Do you use those big blades when you are trolling for kokes?

To be honest we didn't measure it.  I'm guessing it went around 22in+.  We did weigh it though and came in at 3lbs 13oz just short of 4lbs.  Yeah we usually use those big blades for lakers but on this day they caught the kokanee.  We were going down close to 70ft over there in Sheep Creek.  I'll catch them on whatever works.  Just a little plug those are BB's Big Blades he can be found on Instagram.  We have several sets and sizes that have caught just about every species of fish.  Even used them on Lake Granby in Colorado with great success.
(07-08-2021, 04:34 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report and pics, so how big was that big monster you caught? Do you use those big blades when you are trolling for kokes?

To be honest we didn't measure it.  I'm guessing it went around 22in+.  We did weigh it though and came in at 3lbs 13oz just short of 4lbs.  Yeah we usually use those big blades for lakers but on this day they caught the kokanee.  We were going down close to 70ft over there in Sheep Creek.  I'll catch them on whatever works.  Just a little plug those are BB's Big Blades he can be found on Instagram.  We have several sets and sizes that have caught just about every species of fish.  Even used them on Lake Granby in Colorado with great success.

That is a decent sized koke. Wow, you caught kokes as deep as 70 ft that is deep for kokes. It must have been tough bringing up a hard fighting koke from that depth with the weight of those big blades.
(07-08-2021, 04:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:34 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:

That is a decent sized koke. Wow, you caught kokes as deep as 70 ft that is deep for kokes. It must have been tough bringing up a hard fighting koke from that depth with the weight of those big blades.

Actually there is very little resistance with these blades.  Probably the same or less with a 7" Double D dodger.  If you use lake trolls or pop gear I'd give them a try.  He's a local Utah guy and does all different sizes, shapes, and colors.  I'll never go back to Luhr-Jensen after using these.