Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer of ther Hopper
Saw a news report last night that areas of Northern Utah are experiencing a massive outbreak of grasshoppers (tearing through farm fields) and being overlapped by a 1-in-20 year appearance of Mormon Crickets. Morgan, UT was mentioned specifically bringing the lower Weber into direct contact. Sounds like a lot of trout will be looking upwards for giant morsels this year… as long as the river water temps can hold up... which is no guarantee this year. I see that Echo Reservoir has been drawn down to 35% capacity? Not sure what the critical level is for retaining/discharging cold water to maintain cool waters in the river below.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Nothing funner than throwing large terrestrials in streams! Like you said, just hope the temps can stay low enough to maintain healthy trout this summer....
Just heard the Madison river has lifted their hoot owl restrictions , first time ever for the upper Madison including the park being on hoot owl , although it was put on more for the pressure on the river , but heat does play a part shutting it down from 2pm to midnight.

I am sure the heat impacts the Weber also ,plus the low water .