Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any of you fish Anderson Ranch?
I haven't fished it for years but the last time I was there the kokes were 12 to 14", some smaller and the limit was 25 each. Just read the results from a recent tournament there and wow, was I surprised by the size and total weight of the winning team. Over 19 lbs for a 6 fish total weight and the biggest koke length of over 22", that is impressive.

[Image: 4th-annuel-koke-tournament.jpg]
Wow, that's impressive, those are some big kokes.
(07-18-2021, 05:10 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Wow, that's impressive, those are some big kokes.

I agree, I had no idea they got that big there. According to an article I read about AR, there was a big fire in that area a number of years back and it stopped the kokes from having a successful spawn for a year or two. Because of the lack of natural recruitment the ones in the lake were able to grow much bigger than they normally do there.
That's interesting, have to look at doing some ice fishing there this winter, if there's any water left.
(07-17-2021, 03:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I haven't fished it for years but the last time I was there the kokes were 12 to 14", some smaller and the limit was 25 each. Just read the results from a recent tournament there and wow, was I surprised by the size and total weight of the winning team. Over 19 lbs for a 6 fish total weight and the biggest koke length of over 22", that is impressive.

[Image: 4th-annuel-koke-tournament.jpg]
Do you know where I can get information on this tournament Curt, I would be interested in doing that next year? I know the past couple years kokanee fishing has been kind of rough there for me, those fires a gentleman posted that happened a couple years ago may have been the cause. I have a cousin living in MT. Home that bow hunts for elk above Featherville says he hasnt seen much for spawning fish in the river the past couple seasons during his hunts.
Not sure this is current info but it's a place to start, last year's tournament director was :
Tournament Director:
This is the results from last year and look at the size difference from last year to this year on fish size:
https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/2021-ik...-reservoir
(07-20-2021, 04:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Not sure this is current info but it's a place to start, last year's tournament director was :
Tournament Director:
This is the results from last year and look at the size difference from last year to this year on fish size:
https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/2021-ik...-reservoir

That was actually a smallmouth bass tournament, I actually fished a SMB tournament there years ago with my cousin who was a member of the Mt. Home Hog Hunters who has passed on a half doz. years ago. Curt I did some research and was able to get in touch with one of the main sponsors, Kokanee tackle out of Boise and he gave me the info I was looking for.
Great, I guess I did not look very good. When I first looked it up a few days ago, all I could find was link to facebook, which I don't use, so this time I just grabbed the first thing I saw that wasn't facebook.
(07-21-2021, 01:51 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great, I guess I did not look very good. When I first looked it up a few days ago, all I could find was link to facebook, which I don't use, so this time I just grabbed the first thing I saw that wasn't facebook.

When I get any Info on this next spring I will post it on BFT.