Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden Road Work
Starting today 7pm to 7am 7-26 Washington Blvd from 22nd street to 42nd street is getting resurfaced. Its has been the blossoming of the cones everywhere this year.  Angry
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(07-26-2021, 12:29 PM)Bduck Wrote: Starting today 7pm to 7am 7-26 Washington Blvd from 22nd street to 42nd street is getting resurfaced. Its has been the blossoming of the cones everywhere this year.  Angry
And WHY are they all blossoming on the routes I use most???
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Seems like there is a lot of extra money around for road work this year. They are working on all the bridge over passes up Weber canyon from Morgan to Henefer too plus all the continued work on I-15 from Layton to Riverdale. Maybe they are spending money in advance of this next infrastructure bill passing Undecided
Harrison Blvd from 12th to 7th St (at Ben Lomond High) has been torn up and closed for weeks. Laying major water pipes. Not one notice of it in the SubStandard Exaggerator, and that project doesn't show up at all on the UDOT webpage for road work. In fact, the real-time traffic website shows traffic flowing smoothly there. NOT!
Morgan to Henefer is a regular gauntlet. It's hard to see those narrow jogs when you come upon them at O dark thirty heading to the fishing grounds.
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(07-26-2021, 07:47 PM)Bduck Wrote: Morgan to Henefer is a regular gauntlet. It's hard to see those narrow jogs when you come upon them at O dark thirty heading to the fishing grounds.

Agreed, I'll be glad when they are done with that area.
Seems like the first sign of spring isn't the robins, its the color ORANGE.  By snowfall the orange migrates farther south but no worries they'll be back again next spring to finish some areas or to start a new project. Its a great lifetime project.
What I always thought was amazing is a fresh new repaved road is dug up when a different contractor comes in trenching down the center for a new pipeline. A good way to guarantee future work and overtime.  Angry   Angry  Angry  Angry 
Harrisville UT
(07-27-2021, 07:32 PM)Bduck Wrote: What I always thought was amazing is a fresh new repaved road is dug up when a different contractor comes in trenching down the center for a new pipeline. A good way to guarantee future work and overtime.  Angry   Angry  Angry  Angry 

Yeah , always baffles us as well. Guess everyone has slightly different retirement plans.