Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoky skies and our health
(08-09-2021, 06:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 05:22 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I walk 36 holes of golf every week, and dis so this morning. It wasn't nearly as bad today as it has been - or didn't seem so.

All I can say is that it's a good thing they banned logging and such - or those spotted owls wouldn't have any forest habitat today.

LOL, I know you are kidding Rocky but for those not in the know, since the trees are being burned anyway, where do the spotted owls have to go now!! That was one of the worse reasons not to thin the forest out that the environmentalist ever came up with.
My brother really likes this bumper sticker: Save a tree--wipe with a spotted owl.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(08-11-2021, 03:56 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: One of us will use proper sentence structure and grammar.
i skipped class a bit to go fishing and other life skills hold more way value to me
but thanks fer the grin
[Image: 9E155277-F84F-48E4-8AA9-DC228B4D74FE.jpg...fit=bounds]
At a certain point ya move on from wondering/arguing if their is a problem
to reguardless , am i and my actions part of it or a possible solution and do what you perceive as the right thing.
the solar panels are on the roof i installed cause thats 1 less chunk of rmp coal that needs to be burnt to power the crib
and now that its paid off thats one less needless bill to be paid although they still tax us  8 bucks every month and sell our excess to the neighbors
[Image: 0815210709a.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
and every drop of water we dont waste is more for lakes rivers and streams and denizens that live in them.
when the market crashed in 08 we were in a good position to buy and moved into a new place
we knew we didnt want a front lawn even though we have irrigation water rights
[Image: sfb127.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
so i got busy

1st thing i did was git a sod cutter git it cut and stacked up
[Image: 262.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 264.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
i think it sat that that for a year or 2 while the backyard where we spend time got done
converted the sprinklers to low flow drip/micro sprinklers
dug in a couple dry creek beds and started filling the boat with river cobble every fishing trip
using leverage bars come alongs and the durango
we moved some of the big rocks out from along the house
went to our local water conservatory district gardens for ideas and drought tolerant low sun native plants
threw in yuccas, a smoke bush hostas, poppys, mo tea, and assorted ground covers and desert grasses
and topped it off with a few yards bark/mulch
took a few years for some of it to establish and the ground covers have good seasons and not as good but rarely bad
now it looks nice has little to no maintenance other than weeding , remulching and adding a bit more ground covers every couple of years
no 2 strokes tools are required
with a fraction of water it would take for a green grass ya dont even smokes lawn
[Image: IMG_8191_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_8189_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_8186_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
send me the monies please
https://www.ksl.com/article/50222090/mor...ise-plants
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
I'm currently in the hospital, with pneumonia.
Pneumonia...in the middle of summer... yup, I blame the smoke!
(and yes, I've had the pneumonia vaccine...)
(08-11-2021, 03:56 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: One of us will use proper sentence structure and grammar.

Rocky - Dude - PLEASE don't hold your breath waiting for him to do that.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(08-18-2021, 12:07 AM)Vivid-Dawn Wrote: I'm currently in the hospital, with pneumonia.
Pneumonia...in the middle of summer... yup, I blame the smoke!
(and yes, I've had the pneumonia vaccine...)

So sorry to hear that.  I wish you the best. Heart