Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who says a bass can't be caught again? !
Using my usual my small soft plastic lures, I didn't expect a bass to take a Claw design that has been doing well for many fish species.
[Image: AarZFuc.jpg?1]

I noticed some monofilament hanging out of its mouth and checked to see where the attached hook was so I could release the fish.
No lure was seen and the line went down into the fish's gullet! So I figured that since the hook was in deep I may as well pull the line.
First thing I saw was a swivel and then the hook it was attached to. After some more pulling, out comes a wacky-rig 5" stick (The lure was placed for taking a shot of it).

:
[Image: zRVtMFM.jpg?1]

I've caught many fish where hooks were stuck in the mouth or lip before, but never one where the bait was in deep. Good thing the angler used a small circle hook or the fish would have probably starved to death.
So did it kill the fish pulling the stick? if not, that is pretty amazing.
The hook was never embedded anywhere or I would have felt it as I pulled. There was no blood. The fish swam off as if it had had an upset stomach and nothing more. Yes, amazing! But it makes you wonder about fish that have been caught before getting caught again with a hook still stuck in its lip. I guess dumb does as dumb is.....