Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PANGUITCH 8/21
Made it back to Panguitch, met my bro and dad up there Sat morning. It was brisk in the 40's to start the morning. We found some open water sections amongst all the shallow growth. Anywhere you could find 2-3' of open water where you could get a good drift without hanging up in the weeds, you'd get into fish. Plenty of tigers again, and some bows and an occasion cutt. Dad had on the biggest tiger of the trip, but it had it's way with him and broke him off in the weeds. Lot of fish for my Dad to handle, lol. Open water pockets were so tight that you really didn't stand much of a chance on the really big tigers, as they would have you in the weeds in the first run. Hot flies this trip had changed since our last outing...the best fly was a #18 BH hares ear. Had some luck on the usual scuds, leeches and emergers...but the hares ear was definitely the best. Only two other tubers out there, which for a Sat was amazing. Not a lot of space left to share a crowd, so it was nice there wasn't one. Wind was the biggest issue, gusted 20-25 mph all day! Mad it difficult, but we just had to toss anchors and hang on! It was worth it...lots of nice fish. 

[Image: 20210821-133238.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20210823-132242-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20210823-132331-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20210823-132420-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20210823-132545-Gallery.jpg]
Them Tigers sure look pretty - do you use a fast sinking line in those conditions?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-23-2021, 10:25 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Them Tigers sure look pretty - do you use a fast sinking line in those conditions?

They sure are, by far one of the prettiest trout in my opinion. We are catching these tigers in 2-4' of water, so no need for sinking line. They cruise around the shallow weed edges and ambush their prey, so casting along the weed edges is the ticket, so floating line under an indicator set usually no more than 2'-2.5'. Pretty fun!
(08-24-2021, 07:58 PM)richyd4u Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 10:25 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Them Tigers sure look pretty - do you use a fast sinking line in those conditions?

They sure are, by far one of the prettiest trout in my opinion. We are catching these tigers in 2-4' of water, so no need for sinking line. They cruise around the shallow weed edges and ambush their prey, so casting along the weed edges is the ticket, so floating line under an indicator set usually no more than 2'-2.5'. Pretty fun!

Sounds fun for sure
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew