Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha Trim Tilt Rebuild
My trim tilt has started leaking on my Yamaha F150 outboard. There are a number of kits out there that includes all of the seals to rebuild the 3 cylinders on the trim tilt unit with the tool to remove the cylinder caps for around $80. Just wondering if any of you folks have done the rebuild and might have a few tips or what would it cost to have a shop do it?
About 2yrs ago I had to replace the plunger seals on my F150 as one starting leaking. Its not a hard job but its also best to get it fixed asap since that unit is submerged. The pump & motor assy still works fine. The best thing to do is stay with the correct Yamaha specific spanner tool for removal of caps. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(08-28-2021, 02:36 PM)Bduck Wrote: About 2yrs ago I had to replace the plunger seals on my F150 as one starting leaking. Its not a hard job but its also best to get it fixed asap since that unit is submerged. The pump & motor assy still works fine. The best thing to do is stay with the correct Yamaha specific spanner tool for removal of
Where did you get your seals and spanner tool, do you recall what you paid?
(08-30-2021, 05:53 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:36 PM)Bduck Wrote: About 2yrs ago I had to replace the plunger seals on my F150 as one starting leaking. Its not a hard job but its also best to get it fixed asap since that unit is submerged. The pump & motor assy still works fine. The best thing to do is stay with the correct Yamaha specific spanner tool for removal of
Where did you get your seals and spanner tool, do you recall what you paid?

I don't know your motor year but you can check with one of these websites for the correct part numbers. You can also purchase seals from either but I like the 2nd site. Prices are close to either but depends on availability.  
https://www.crowleymarine.com/parts.html  Located in Denver

https://www.simyamaha.com/parts/  Located on one of the Great Lakes shore I believe in Wisconsin
SPECIAL TOOLS - Trim and Tilt Tools - Page 1 - SIM YAMAHA   I found these tool part numbers on Amazon. I think you can get the seal kits also on Amazon.
I have ordered from both websites and very satisfied with their service. Unfortunately during the time of COVID it slowed things down as with a lot of other products.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF