Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ads
I was inactive for a bit due to some health issues and upon my return to BFT, I have been bombarded with so many ads that it’s made the BFT user experience terrible. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
(08-31-2021, 04:18 PM)lakepowellnut Wrote:
I was inactive for a bit due to some health issues and upon my return to BFT, I have been bombarded with so many ads that it’s made the BFT user experience terrible. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Yes need to bounce around the ads.  It's the pictures of women that is disturbing. Some think a picture of a pretty woman has to include large _______s to be beautiful. 
Guess it depends if your selling something.
Have never seen an ad here. I can probably help you out. How are you viewing BFT? What device and browser?
I agree the ads are super annoying and borderline inappropriate (to me anyway, other people have different thresholds for that which is more than ok.) I am always embarrassed when my wife or kids walk by when I am reading everyone's awesome fishing reports and an ad for women's swimming suits flashes up. I could install an ad blocker, but I thought I would 'support' BFT by allowing ads. As of now, I'll go ahead and install the ad blocker. And who thinks the target audience for women's swimming suits are cruising BFT??
I had the same problem until I installed an adblocker. Now it's just blue sky on either side of my screen. Some of the ads that were popping up were far worse than just swimming suit ads. The most annoying part of the ad blocker is that some sites won't let you in until you disable it but for BFT it works perfectly.