Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 9-14-21 - VIDEO ADDED
Great video Pat, well done.
After seeing your tube add-ons,I see why you are the ‘Prince of Plastic’!
(09-21-2021, 02:43 PM)MrShane Wrote: Great video Pat, well done.
After seeing your tube add-ons,I see why you are the ‘Prince of Plastic’!

Thanks, sir.  I have been given a lot of "handles"...some less complimentary than others.  As might be expected, I often draw attention...both on the water and back at the ramp.  My standard reply when others comment (favorably or otherwise) on my "red ride"..."I cain't get up on plane or tow a skier, but it fishes purty good."

Hitting Starvation (with my camera) tomorrow with Gofish435.  Hope to get some good footage of all the usual suspects.
Pat, my wife and I are heading to Starvie on Wednesday, also. Have a cabin for two nights. I'll keep my eye out for the red flotsam over in Rabbit Gulch. Might not arrive in your prime hours, though.
(09-21-2021, 12:11 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 12:23 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Looks good Pat. Surprised you kept a troutsky. I can help pick up your groceries if your pantry is getting low?
I have made lots of posts over the years with trout in the obligatory "dead fish" pictures at the end of the trip.  I almost never fish waters with trout as the only species, but welcome them in the mix when they smack the same stuff I am fishing for "the other guys".  Heck, I even break out the spinners and the bubble and fly stuff to specifically target them on some trips.

[Image: STARVATION-DINNER.jpg] [Image: DINNER-GUESTS.jpg]
[Image: YUBA-OCTOBER-05-RAINBOWS.jpg]  [Image: OVEN-READY.jpg]

I have always enjoyed "good" trout flesh on the table.  That means fish that have grown well past the finless Freddie stage and have lived on a natural diet long enough to develop firm red flesh. 

Doin' fine on the groceries, thank you.  But you can come mow my lawn or shovel my walks if you need something to do...that is, if we get any snow this winter.

Nice!

I have an idea where those tiger trout came from. Wink
(09-21-2021, 03:46 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Pat, my wife and I are heading to Starvie on Wednesday, also. Have a cabin for two nights. I'll keep my eye out for the red flotsam over in Rabbit Gulch. Might not arrive in your prime hours, though.
There goes the neighborhood.  Nah.  Will be good to see ya in your new ride again.

Yep.  Starvy is probably one of the better boat launching venues late in this low water year.  Be sure to dress warm.  Forecrash is for co-o-o-o-o-o-l.   So look for the arctic parka in a red float tube.  Should be there until sometime after midday.   Will be happy to share intel on whatever spots, lures and tactics have been working best...if any.

(09-21-2021, 03:48 PM)gofish435 Wrote: Nice!

I have an idea where those tiger trout came from. Wink

Me too.  Hope there is enough water left this year to prevent winter kill.  I understand the local bank tanglers have been heavy harvesting from the dam.
(09-21-2021, 12:11 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 12:23 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Looks good Pat. Surprised you kept a troutsky. I can help pick up your groceries if your pantry is getting low?
I have made lots of posts over the years with trout in the obligatory "dead fish" pictures at the end of the trip.  I almost never fish waters with trout as the only species, but welcome them in the mix when they smack the same stuff I am fishing for "the other guys".  Heck, I even break out the spinners and the bubble and fly stuff to specifically target them on some trips.

[Image: STARVATION-DINNER.jpg] [Image: DINNER-GUESTS.jpg]
[Image: YUBA-OCTOBER-05-RAINBOWS.jpg]  [Image: OVEN-READY.jpg]

I have always enjoyed "good" trout flesh on the table.  That means fish that have grown well past the finless Freddie stage and have lived on a natural diet long enough to develop firm red flesh. 

Doin' fine on the groceries, thank you.  But you can come mow my lawn or shovel my walks if you need something to do...that is, if we get any snow this winter.

Hmmm... have tools- will work for trinkets