Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snake river sturgeon under water
This is when I was up there about a week ago, with my wife . the same time Kent was there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3A-SZhG...el=RobertG
Nice video Robert. When I saw you fishing downriver from us I commented to my fishing buddies that you were a brave man to be fishing where you were, because of all of the lava rock in that area. I would never dare to drop a camera down in the lava rock.
Was that first sturgeon one you caught on this trip Robert, if so it looked like a good one? Any idea why in some of the video it is clear but in other parts it was green, does it have to do with the time of the day?
(09-23-2021, 04:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Was that first sturgeon one you caught on this trip Robert, if so it looked like a good one? Any idea why in some of the video it is clear but in other parts it was green, does it have to do with the time of the day?

that first sturgeon was a old one on my PC Just thought it looked good .
(why in some of the video)   I think it is where the sun is how deep and what kind of bottom it is.  
I need to take  Kent with me so {I] we can catch a lot of Sturgeon.   
I'm trying to come up with ways to rig the camera. so it is not on its side so much and upside down.
(09-25-2021, 10:49 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I'm trying to come up with ways to rig the camera. so it is not on its side so much and upside down.

You could always pin a flig on the top of the camera to keep it floating upward.  (Joke)  Seriously, I have read suggestions for using small foam balls or even fishing floats to help maintain camera orientation.  As long as they are light enough to help right the camera, without adding too much additional bulk, it could help.  Just remember that anything extra that might create a snag or tangle is likely not worth the effort.