Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin' Starvy 9-22-21 (WITH VIDEO)
(09-24-2021, 09:08 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Claudia and I got to Starvie about the time you were packing up. They had a 50th Anniversary celebration at the campsite for State employees. Huge tent and a bazillion white pickup trucks. I took Claudia for a boat ride and think we saw Tom still fishing there in the Gulch.

We fished all day Thursday. It was slow in the Gulch, but we both caught fish along cliffs near the bridge, and talked to people who got tired of catching big perch and crappie under the bridge. I boated a couple dozen "footer" smallies on Ned rig and drop shot plastics, and was dumbstruck that Claudia's bottom bouncer and crawlers got no attention at all. She managed to hook a couple, but since she's a pure novice I didn't "graduate" her to casting plastics. Letting a bouncer out and holding the pole was her skill limit.

The real action (and all the boats) turned out to be in the east end near all the bare and exposed sand flats. Saw several large fish landed, and I manged a solid 2+# smallie there - over flat bare bottom. Just nuts. Ended up with a couple meals worth of smallies and wallies, so the trip was worth it.

Oh...that crime scene was some idiot in a stolen car trying to outrun the police. They spike stripped him and he rolled it many times at 95 mph. Killed the woman passenger and probably him also, but they airlifted him out extremely critical, according to the radio. They had the highway blocked from about 9 am until after 4 pm. Fortunately, we went past it going the other way just after it happened, apparently because police were still racing to it from all directions. I took one glance and told Claudia, "That's a fatal." Car was absolutely mangled, parts strewn ll over the hillside.
Sorry to have missed you.  Glad to know you were able to scratch out a few fish.

Messages In This Thread
Tubin' Starvy 9-22-21 (WITH VIDEO) - by TubeDude - 09-23-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Tubin' Starvy 9-22-21 (WITH VIDEO) - by TubeDude - 09-25-2021, 02:08 PM