Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/23 Pineview and Lost Creek
Launched in the pre-dawn dark at Pineview. No pre-pay envelopes and no one at the pay station. Trolled for Muskies until it got light. Many fish on the Sonar, but no bites or takers. When it got light, I noticed that the water was full of algae, and like pea soup. Decided to go elsewhere. Loaded up and went up to Lost Creek. Using leadcore @ 3-4 colors and downrigger @ 25- 30' speed varying from 1.9 - 3 mph, caught Cutthroats all sizes. I lost one at the boat that would have probably been my biggest trout ever, I'm thinking 6# ish. Good day but launching was a little tough due to the mud at the bottom of the ramp. It was ok, though, using hip boots. I wish they would get some rainbows in Lost Creek. I hate throwing everything back. Black triple teasers worked along with some large hand painted metal lures.
[Image: IMG-4542.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4543.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4545.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4546.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4547.jpg]
Thanks mule. Scary low. Great pictures. When I used to fish Lost Creek, trolling a white needle fish was the ticket. But nothing over two pounds then. 15 years ago.
(09-24-2021, 10:17 PM)mule_skinner45 Wrote: Launched in the pre-dawn dark at Pineview. No pre-pay envelopes and no one at the pay station. Trolled for Muskies until it got light. Many fish on the Sonar, but no bites or takers. When it got light, I noticed that the water was full of algae, and like pea soup. Decided to go elsewhere. Loaded up and went up to Lost Creek. Using leadcore @ 3-4 colors and downrigger @ 25- 30' speed varying from 1.9 - 3 mph, caught Cutthroats all sizes. I lost one at the boat that would have probably been my biggest trout ever, I'm thinking 6# ish. Good day but launching was a little tough due to the mud at the bottom of the ramp. It was ok, though, using hip boots. I wish they would get some rainbows in Lost Creek. I hate throwing everything back. Black triple teasers worked along with some large hand painted metal lures.

Thanks for the reports and pics. Did they make you pay after you got off the water at PV? 
Looks like LC has dropped even more since I was there a few weeks ago, here is what the ramp looked like then.

[Image: LC-pic6.jpg]

[Image: LCpic4.jpg]
Thanks for the report and pictures.  

It sounds like you made a good move going to Lost Creek.

That is the lowest that I have ever seen LC.

Things are getting real scary with these water levels. Sad
(09-25-2021, 07:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 10:17 PM)mule_skinner45 Wrote: Launched in the pre-dawn dark at Pineview. No pre-pay envelopes and no one at the pay station. Trolled for Muskies until it got light. Many fish on the Sonar, but no bites or takers. When it got light, I noticed that the water was full of algae, and like pea soup. Decided to go elsewhere. Loaded up and went up to Lost Creek. Using leadcore @ 3-4 colors and downrigger @ 25- 30' speed varying from 1.9 - 3 mph, caught Cutthroats all sizes. I lost one at the boat that would have probably been my biggest trout ever, I'm thinking 6# ish. Good day but launching was a little tough due to the mud at the bottom of the ramp. It was ok, though, using hip boots. I wish they would get some rainbows in Lost Creek. I hate throwing everything back. Black triple teasers worked along with some large hand painted metal lures.

Thanks for the reports and pics. Did they make you pay after you got off the water at PV? 
Looks like LC has dropped even more since I was there a few weeks ago, here is what the ramp looked like then.

[Image: LC-pic6.jpg]

[Image: LCpic4.jpg]
The guy drove past me on a golf cart as I was buttoning up my boat and totally ignored me. Sorry for the late reply, I don't get notices that I have a reply and don't check back here often enough.