Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father, Son, and Kokanee at Strawberry
My son, Zac, and I traveled up to Strawberry before he went back to college back in August.  He caught a monster 22in 4lb buck before we got any cameras rolling.  We caught a few kokes and a few cutts  having a great time joking and laughing until my boss called asking me to come in and work.  Wah, wah, wah......waaaah!!!!  It was wonderful to get some time doing something I love, with someone I love.  Hope you enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/l9Hs-wDnhk4

[Image: Father-and-son-fishing-time-on-Strawberr...nail-1.jpg]
Looks like a decent morning at the Berry and it's always nice to get out with the son to enjoy some fishing. I noticed you reel in that second rod on the side of the boat where the fish is caught, have you had  a time where you got the two rods tangled up?  I can't say that has happens to me very often but I will say that I have caught a number of fish on that second rod when I have left it in the water.
(10-01-2021, 03:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like a decent morning at the Berry and it's always nice to get out with the son to enjoy some fishing. I noticed you reel in that second rod on the side of the boat where the fish is caught, have you had  a time where you got the two rods tangled up?  I can't say that has happens to me very often but I will say that I have caught a number of fish on that second rod when I have left it in the water.

We don't always clear that top rod when reeling in a fish but this year, for some reason, we have lost some really nice fish because the two are getting tangled.  For example, the last hen that was caught the two got tangled nut still caught the fish.  So if we're thinking we have a nice fish we clear it, if not we leave it.  And for content purposes if we don't catch we don't have content.  LOL!!!!  Thanks for watching the video.
looks like you will need to get 4 downriggers I love 4. looks like you have room for them.

first I saw your post of 9 26 and was thinking what are you doing keeping kokanee after Sept. 10th  then I saw the Aug. 
last year in Oct, I got a 24" all silver fishing for cuts.    it was hard to put him back in the water.