Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E Canyon & Lost Creek
Smile 
Took a colorful ride up to the lakes. Courtesy dock has been pulled from EC but regular docks still in off to the side. Launching appears to be no issue but is reduced to a single lane. Also noticed a no parking sign barrier on beach has been installed next to ramp making for a long hike up to the parking lot. 
My trip continues thru to Henefer to route quickly into I-84 canyon to Lost Creek. As someone had stated in a more recent post the shortcut bypassing Croydon has been repaved. The drive up to LC is a complete pleasant drive. Went all the way into the ramp area, noticed there was a lot of mud build up on ramp further down the ramp closer to the water rendering just a wide enough swath to back a boat in but unable to judge what's under water at that point. I have never seen LC this low on water before.

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Just a scenic view above LC ramp area

LC looking back towards opposite end of dam

A victim of roadkill on my way out. At first when I drove

by this snake on the way out I thought it was a rattler. Just a well fed 
Gardner snake

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(09-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Bduck Wrote: Took a colorful ride up to the lakes. Courtesy dock has been pulled from EC but regular docks still in off to the side. Launching appears to be no issue but is reduced to a single lane. Also noticed a no parking sign barrier on beach has been installed next to ramp making for a long hike up to the parking lot. 
My trip continues thru to Henefer to route quickly into I-84 canyon to Lost Creek. As someone had stated in a more recent post the shortcut bypassing Croydon has been repaved. The drive up to LC is a complete pleasant drive. Went all the way into the ramp area, noticed there was a lot of mud build up on ramp further down the ramp closer to the water rendering just a wide enough swath to back a boat in but unable to judge what's under water at that point. I have never seen LC this low on water before.

Gardner snake

(09-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Bduck Wrote: Took a colorful ride up to the lakes. Courtesy dock has been pulled from EC but regular docks still in off to the side. Launching appears to be no issue but is reduced to a single lane. Also noticed a no parking sign barrier on beach has been installed next to ramp making for a long hike up to the parking lot. 

Gardner snake

Not a gardner snake, It's a Gopher, (Bull, Blow) snake. They mock rattlers in their coloration and are aggressive (not poisonous). Great snakes, too bad people won't go out of their way to avoid them.
You know when you swing through Henefer you are required to stop in and have a Cupcake Smile

Were the Turkeys out up LC way?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-28-2021, 11:56 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: You know when you swing through Henefer you are required to stop in and have a Cupcake Smile

As long as its not a TWinkie. Tongue If I knew where to go I would have stopped in. Define Turkeys
I didn't see any of the feathered flocks 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(09-28-2021, 11:56 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: You know when you swing through Henefer you are required to stop in and have a Cupcake Smile

We are up there often helping out on our friends ranch, really enjoy Henefer.
(09-29-2021, 02:28 AM)Bduck Wrote:

As long as its not a TWinkie. Tongue If I knew where to go I would have stopped in. Define Turkeys
I didn't see any of the feathered flocks 

Turkey according to Webster... man who can not make up his mind if he is a cowboy or a pirate so goes around calling his horse a boat and his boat a horse

(09-30-2021, 12:28 PM)JeepNut Wrote:

We are up there often helping out on our friends ranch, really enjoy Henefer.

Who ya wrangling for. Been here most my life. Bet I bucked hay for them in my younger days
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew