Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
today
Met with Pat and Lynn at Lincoln Beach today . The channel looked to shallow to try so we launched at the rock shelves over by the point. Wasnt so bad ,but had to be careful. Was able to drop the motor bout 25 feet out. At that point the TV said it was bout 4 ft. deep. The water temp was just under 60 with calm water. Was planning on starting at 6 ft but managed one white bass before I got there. Bout 8:15 or so. Never got another bite for quite a spell.

[Image: DSC00112.jpg]

This one bit white bass at 10:31 in 6.2 ft of water

[Image: DSC00113.jpg]
This one at 10:40 on cherry chicken 6:7 ft of water

[Image: DSC00114.jpg]

11:04 at 6.4 feet of water chicken

[Image: DSC00115.jpg]

11:19 in 6.3 feet of water on white bass

That was it for me today. The day was pretty and couldnt ask for better company. Left bout noon or so. When I came back in I HAD to maintain a 4 point stance with my tube. Lots of rolling rocks. I forgot to ad that I didnt get by cats til the water warmed to 61 degrees.
At least you and BLK got a few cats.  All I got were a few white bass.  First blank on catfish in like forever.  I think it was kinda rude of you guys inviting me on your little floatilla and not telling me where they stocked it this week.

I really felt snakebit.  I started in less than 5' of water...throwing plastics for walleyes.  But all I got were whitie whacks and a piece of the rock a time or two.  Moved steadily out into deeper water looking for fish that might be going deeper in the cooling water.  Saw a lot more on "TV" than on my line.  Did get a few pop and drops...from inexperienced fish that didn't know how to hang on.  And did actually hook a couple that arranged their own early releases for bad behavior.

10-4 good buddy.  (October 4)

[Image: PARKING.jpg]  

[Image: TUBER-S-LAUNCH-RAMP.jpg]
[Image: WHITIES.jpg]
[Image: PURTY.jpg]

Totally agree with your report. Perfect day for fishun', but not so perfect for ketchin'. My total for the day was 2 cats and 6-8 wb. The fish were there but they were not in a feeding mood. I thought we would knock 'em dead today with the good weather and the hope that they would be fattening up for the cold months to come. Best explanation (excuse) I can come up with is that the fish were all spooked by all of the shooting by the duck hunters... yup, that's it.

We will have to try again after the coming cold spell to see if we can find 'em.

Always fun to fish with you two.

Lynn aka BLK
(10-04-2021, 11:21 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Totally agree with your report. Perfect day for fishun', but not so perfect for ketchin'. My total for the day was 2 cats and 6-8 wb. The fish were there but they were not in a feeding mood. I thought we would knock 'em dead today with the good weather and the hope that they would be fattening up for the cold months to come. Best explanation (excuse) I can come up with is that the fish were all spooked by all of the shooting by the duck hunters... yup, that's it.

We will have to try again after the coming cold spell to see if we can find 'em.

Always fun to fish with you two.

Lynn aka BLK

We will do it again soon weather permitting. There was a lot of gauges going off for sure. Sounded like out by the island I think

(10-04-2021, 11:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote: At least you and BLK got a few cats.  All I got were a few white bass.  First blank on catfish in like forever.  I think it was kinda rude of you guys inviting me on your little floatilla and not telling me where they stocked it this week.

I really felt snakebit.  I started in less than 5' of water...throwing plastics for walleyes.  But all I got were whitie whacks and a piece of the rock a time or two.  Moved steadily out into deeper water looking for fish that might be going deeper in the cooling water.  Saw a lot more on "TV" than on my line.  Did get a few pop and drops...from inexperienced fish that didn't know how to hang on.  And did actually hook a couple that arranged their own early releases for bad behavior.

10-4 good buddy.  (October 4)

[Image: PARKING.jpg]  

[Image: TUBER-S-LAUNCH-RAMP.jpg]
[Image: WHITIES.jpg]
[Image: PURTY.jpg]

at least there was no skunk. got to admit I was really surprised you didnt pick up at least one cat.
No skunk?  Well, not technically...thanks to those silly white bass.  But I NEVER get skunked on catfish...at least until yesterday.

But my whole day was a doozy...a really "marvelous Monday".  It started early.  There are  5 traffic lights between my home and the freeway onramp.  I usually pride myself on hitting them all on GREEN.  Yesterday I hit EVERY ONE of them on yellow...just at the point I had to stomp the brake to keep from running the light on red.  And then there was only one car that went through and a long red light to wait out.

I usually leave a bit earlier in the morning.  But it is getting lighter later these days.  So I was on the road about sixish rather than an hour earlier.  What a difference!  It was wall to wall trucks on the freeway, along with a few kamikaze drivers who figured the speed limit was only a suggestion and that THEY would go as fast as they wanted...while zig-zagging through the maze of legal speed drivers and trucks.

And then I took the "scenic back route" from Spanish Fork to Lincoln Beach.  Bad move.  Every school bus in that part of the state was on those roads...going slow and then stopping right in front of me with the lights flashing...for up to 5 minutes at a time.  And those dear sweet children.  Just love getting flipped off by cute little 3'rd grade girls grinning at me out the back window of the bus.

Did someone say skunk?  I saw (and smelled) about a half dozen dead skunks on those back roads to Lincoln Beach.  I was hoping it meant someone killed all the skunks so I wouldn't have to.  But no-o-o-o-o-o.  It just meant that at least a few were dead.  There was still a big one waiting for me on the lake.

Still, as we all agreed, it was a lovely day on the lake with good company.  But I noticed you and Lynn stayed well out of camera range all day.  
[Image: YAK.jpg]
[Image: FLOATILLA.jpg]

My agent advised me to stay out of camera range because he knew Im not Oscar material.
Wow, that is a first for a long time, no kitties for Pat... I heard the cool temps had really slowed things down... I was thinking after the duck skunking on Saturday I better go fishing, but your results make me nervous... Still think I may take some time off this afternoon to get one more fish trip in before the real cold starts to set in... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(10-05-2021, 04:25 PM)lee! Wrote: My agent advised me to stay out of camera range because he knew Im not Oscar material.

When it comes to picture-taking, some of us want justice...and some of us want mercy.

Ya might not be "Oscar-worthy" but I'm sure you could provide some funny video clips.  Would have loved to have your first pontoon venture on video.
(10-05-2021, 05:32 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 04:25 PM)lee! Wrote: My agent advised me to stay out of camera range because he knew Im not Oscar material.

When it comes to picture-taking, some of us want justice...and some of us want mercy.

Ya might not be "Oscar-worthy" but I'm sure you could provide some funny video clips.  Would have loved to have your first pontoon venture on video.

got to admit that would have been fun to watch. Still have that pontoon. Might pull it out of retirement in the spring and show it some love.
Glad we didn't go out with you guys. Sounds like we all had a good time though.

We had a slow and short day, but we did a little better.

Vi and I launched from Provo Marina and and pointed the boat west. We fished water 5.5' to 6.3 maybe. White Bass caught all the Cats, carp got the WB.  10 Cats,  1- 30", 2- 28", 2-27" others were 25-26. 1 Bullhead, 8 WB.

We got off the water earlier so we wouldn't get wet.

rj