Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate it when this happens
Went out to the freezer to get chub to cut up for tomorrow.
All I could come up with two tiny bags of sucker cut bait.  Not enough for a day.
I thought I had chub  enough to last through the winter and then some.

Went to the garden to dig some worms.
Some bonehead went and turned the water off 2 weeks ago. Plus it cooled down some.
The slimy buggers have started their trip to China I guess.

Guess I need to get to Scofield within the week for some chub.
Anybody have suggestions on where I ought to go at Scofield.  I have never had to catch them this late in the year.  I usually go below the dam but I have no idea if that will work this late.
Not sure about Scofield, but there are plenty chubs to be caught at Lost Creek.
(10-05-2021, 03:17 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Not sure about Scofield, but there are plenty chubs to be caught at Lost Creek.

Thanks

I think we'll try Scofield as Lost Creek is 175 miles from here.
They'll still be biting below the dam. Chubs aren't the brightest fish and are very much opportunistic eaters. Just provide the opportunity...they'll show up.
(10-05-2021, 03:03 AM)PACMEN Wrote: Went out to the freezer to get chub to cut up for tomorrow.
All I could come up with two tiny bags of sucker cut bait.  Not enough for a day.
I thought I had chub  enough to last through the winter and then some.

Went to the garden to dig some worms.
Some bonehead went and turned the water off 2 weeks ago. Plus it cooled down some.
The slimy buggers have started their trip to China I guess.

Guess I need to get to Scofield within the week for some chub.
Anybody have suggestions on where I ought to go at Scofield.  I have never had to catch them this late in the year.  I usually go below the dam but I have no idea if that will work this late.

Wife's probably glad you don't have enough chub to last the winter and then some.... Big Grin
(10-07-2021, 08:02 PM)Big Sky Wrote: They'll still be biting below the dam. Chubs aren't the brightest fish and are very much opportunistic eaters. Just provide the opportunity...they'll show up.

How does one get to the river below Scofield?? Never been there. Could use some Chubs as well.

Thanks,
rj
(10-07-2021, 11:54 PM)r2u2 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 08:02 PM)Big Sky Wrote: They'll still be biting below the dam. Chubs aren't the brightest fish and are very much opportunistic eaters. Just provide the opportunity...they'll show up.

How does one get to the river below Scofield?? Never been there. Could use some Chubs as well.

Thanks,
rj

If you are coming in from the north there is a dirt road that turns off to the east before you cross the dam.  Just follow it down and you will come to a small parking lot and a foot bridge over the creek.  There are usually a lot of chubs around the foot bridge area.  There is private property down stream a little so watch that you don't trespass.  I under stand they are taking it very seriously. Sad