Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first every bear lake trip
Photo 
well guys i have been on bear lake several times but never fished it. so my friend rocky and i went to break in his new boat ,he had had some success a few weeks ago catching a nice 18 lbs laker. so i loaded up my tackle box with some tommy knockers from electric lake tackle and hit the lake . we were only on the lake for 10 minutes when my pole when off and i ended up catching a nice little laker . i was was worried it was beginners luck and after another 6 hrs of fishing proved me right . no more fish and not even a bite. i did notice the bottom was loaded with fish but no takers , not much in the middle of the water column which i found odd. thanks to fuzzyfisher  and whiperhunter for the advise.  Cool

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-08-2021, 12:56 AM)mtncat1 Wrote: well guys i have been on bear lake several times but never fished it. so my friend rocky and i went to break in his new boat ,he had had some success a few weeks ago catching a nice 18 lbs laker. so i loaded up my tackle box with some tommy knockers from electric lake tackle and hit the lake . we were only on the lake for 10 minutes when my pole when off and i ended up catching a nice little laker . i was was worried it was beginners luck and after another 6 hrs of fishing proved me right . no more fish and not even a bite. i did notice the bottom was loaded with fish but no takers , not much in the middle of the water column which i found odd. thanks to fuzzyfisher  and wiperhunter for the advise.  Cool

Thanks for the report and pic Rich, nice laker, too bad it was the only one that was caught. Did you measure it? Rocky"s boat looks like a nice upgrade from his last one.
(10-08-2021, 01:34 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 12:56 AM)mtncat1 Wrote: well guys i have been on bear lake several times but never fished it. so my friend rocky and i went to break in his new boat ,he had had some success a few weeks ago catching a nice 18 lbs laker. so i loaded up my tackle box with some tommy knockers from electric lake tackle and hit the lake . we were only on the lake for 10 minutes when my pole when off and i ended up catching a nice little laker . i was was worried it was beginners luck and after another 6 hrs of fishing proved me right . no more fish and not even a bite. i did notice the bottom was loaded with fish but no takers , not much in the middle of the water column which i found odd. thanks to fuzzyfisher  and wiperhunter for the advise.  Cool

Thanks for the report and pic Rich, nice laker, too bad it was the only one that was caught. Did you measure it? Rocky"s boat looks like a nice upgrade from his last one.
i didn't measure it but it was around 30 inches . that boat is nice it's a 23 foot striper . we got that fish on the west side of the lake .we tried cisco beach but couldn't get any action there . i was surprised how fast the shore drops of at cisco beach
Yea, there is a big drop off just out from Cisco beach and it really drops off into deep water there. If you don't mind me asking, did you catch your Mac with one of Fuzzyfishers lures, if so what was the color pattern?
(10-09-2021, 01:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Yea, there is a big drop off just out from Cisco beach and it really drops off into deep water there. If you don't mind me asking, did you catch your Mac with one of Fuzzyfishers lures, if so what was the color pattern?

it was a rainbow mini knocker , the tail got bitten off on the first fish , and it was the the only one of that size i had .
(10-10-2021, 04:12 AM)mtncat1 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 01:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Yea, there is a big drop off just out from Cisco beach and it really drops off into deep water there. If you don't mind me asking, did you catch your Mac with one of Fuzzyfishers lures, if so what was the color pattern?

it was a rainbow mini knocker , the tail got bitten off on the first fish , and it was the the only one of that size i had .

Well that's too bad, how much does Fuzzy F sell them for?
To clear up some confusion and to answer the PMs I've received, I am NOT the Rocky mentioned above. I have not traded my new boat for a newer one, and I do not fish Bear Lake.
(10-10-2021, 04:32 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: To clear up some confusion and to answer the PMs I've received, I am NOT the Rocky mentioned above. I have not traded my new boat for a newer one, and I do not fish Bear Lake.

sorry rocky i should have added a last name to clear things up . rocky mazzola is my friend he's not a member

(10-10-2021, 03:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:12 AM)mtncat1 Wrote:

Well that's too bad, how much does Fuzzy F sell them for?

they are pricey but seem to work ,30 bucks a piece ,but that's not super bad for lake trout baits