Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot is back
I took my good friend Shawn up to Blackfoot Reservoir to do some bank tangling today. When I first moved to Blackfoot 12 years ago. The bank fishing was better than anything I had ever seen in Utah. Easy to catch a 6 fish limit of 4 and 5 pound fish. And it was great fishing for several years. Then the Pelicans started eating all the minnows they would plant. And the fishing got tough. 
But they are back, not quit as big yet, (next year), we only got one at five pounds today, but a limit of good jumping Rianbows. 
I use what I call Meage-de-quad up there. Start out threading several pieces of corn up the hook, onto the line, then power nugget then marshmallow, then the worm.

(10-09-2021, 10:50 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I took my good friend Shawn up to Blackfoot Reservoir to do some bank tangling today. When I first moved to Blackfoot 12 years ago. The bank fishing was better than anything I had ever seen in Utah. Easy to catch a 6 fish limit of 4 and 5 pound fish. And it was great fishing for several years. Then the Pelicans started eating all the minnows they would plant. And the fishing got tough. 
But they are back, not quit as big yet, (next year), we only got one at five pounds today, but a limit of good jumping Rianbows. 
I use what I call Meage-de-quad up there. Start out threading several pieces of corn up the hook, onto the line, then power nugget then marshmallow, then the worm.

I can't post a picture for some reason. 
Shawn, help me out
Great report Randy, sounds like you and Shawn did good. Even one five pounder from shore sounds like a good day to me. Wasn't it raining up there today?
(10-09-2021, 10:50 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I took my good friend Shawn up to Blackfoot Reservoir to do some bank tangling today. When I first moved to Blackfoot 12 years ago. The bank fishing was better than anything I had ever seen in Utah. Easy to catch a 6 fish limit of 4 and 5 pound fish. And it was great fishing for several years. Then the Pelicans started eating all the minnows they would plant. And the fishing got tough. 

I can't post a picture for some reason. 
Shawn, help me out
We had a great day, we left Randy’s place in the dark and drove what seemed like 50 miles on a dirt road to the blackfoot dam area we used basically an all edible flig system. We got our limits and threw back more than we kept. The small ones where 2lbs. And the largest was our last fish of the day at 5lbs. Randy caught a 3+ lb. Cutthroat and released it but we didn’t get a picture. It was raining when we got there with a steady breeze that made a mud line about 25 ft. Off the bank the fish where on the edge of that. Turned to overcast and calm wind for most of the day.
[Image: B3-B4-C023-8686-4-D81-8-EB5-9-AD0-B8-C2-D0-DE.jpg]

[Image: DFFB8-EE9-0-D7-E-40-B1-965-B-CE7-B57-E1-A7-A3.jpg]

[Image: E388-CF7-D-D3-D5-4988-8547-AFB4-E5354-C9-B.jpg]

[Image: E961-E470-07-EB-46-E5-B1-F9-608-A6-CFC57-CC.jpg]

[Image: 162-FEDA6-4-E10-47-F2-BBC3-9-A2-B387463-D4.jpg]

[Image: 09103-D72-29-EB-4-C44-9281-2421-D32411-D1.jpg]

[Image: 191-DED07-23-B4-4-FC2-B328-8-E383576018-F.jpg]
This p!ace, if it doesn't dry up like the rest of the west, will be better than Henry's for the next few years. And the limit is 6 not 2. 
[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media1430287155408926638.jpg]

(10-10-2021, 01:29 AM)fast_randy Wrote: This p!ace, if it doesn't dry up like the rest of the west, will be better than Henry's for the next few years. And the limit is 6 not 2. 
[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media1430287155408926638.jpg]

It is catch and release only for cutthroat.
Looks like you guys killed them, even caught a sucker, did you keep it for bait? Great pics.
(10-10-2021, 01:45 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like you guys killed them, even caught a sucker, did you keep it for bait? Great pics.

You bet I fellet  that sucker, enough for ice fishing all winter.
Nice, looks like a great day, have to put it on my list of lakes to fish.
Great report and fishing! Way to go!
Good news!