Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 36
Last time I was able to get out on WB was 9 Sept , a week before I went to Branson.  Was finally able to give the north ramp a try today. 
There was one boat just heading out the channel when I arrived about 0830 a.m. 
Turns out it was wiperhunter2.  

[Image: 0129-Trip-36-16-Oct-2021.jpg]

The center of the ramp is still far enough in the water to safely launch my boat. 
Air temp on arrival was 39, warmed up to 60 on 1300 departure. Water temp was 49 to start and climbed to just at 52.  Lots of cold kill shad. 

[Image: 0132.jpg]

[Image: 0130.jpg]     [Image: 0131.jpg]

Water depths = just off end of the dock 2.9', middle of channel 4 to 6'. Get well past the buoys and I drifted the northern area over 6 to 10' .

Got about half way from the channel towards the west wall, 8-9 fow. Had a very light breeze out of the north. Set out my 2 shrimp baited lines and started a nice .20 to .30 mph drift. Had almost immediate "hit and spit" and a couple pop and drops. That was encouraging.  Lost first 2 or 3 pieces of bait. 

[Image: 0133.jpg]

Just about 1.5 hours on the water, noticed one line slowly moving almost parallel to the boat. Slowly tightened up drag, and good size kitty decided it really wanted that shrimp. Swallowed bait, hook, and about 3 inches of leader. 

Got it to the net, boated, cut the line and released.  Well that was skunk killer, and only fish for the day. 

[Image: 0134-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]

Even without any more fish, it was a beautiful day. Possibly my last trip to WB this year. 

[Image: 0136.jpg]   [Image: 0135.jpg]  

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Good to see you out there today Forest, how long was your skunk killer cat?
I hope I can sneak in one or two more to Willard. You been on on the Bear or called it good there to?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(10-16-2021, 11:26 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Good to see you out there today Forest, how long was you skunk killer cat?

Just over 23"

(10-17-2021, 04:21 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I hope I can sneak in one or two more to Willard. You been on on the Bear or called it good there to?

I went up to BRBR day after I got back from Branson.  Was a nice day, and water level was at almost full from about the C Line to the bridges, but didn't catch anything.    

[Image: 023-25-Aug-21-skunked.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool